DYNO RESULTS! Ya'll are in for a shock.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
Peak Horsepower: 175.8@3400rpm. Peak Torque: 295@2600rpm. Peak RPM: 4500rpm:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfmXfG7CfLs&list=UUJW2LUDDMEaug1Qw7oTm25Q&feature=plcp

It made three runs all of them starting after 2000rpm so thats why the torque seems low. Also the runs where made in 3rd gear 1:1. The dyno was a Dyno Dynamics dyno. You can see the power curve at the end of the second run in the video. I'll try and get a power curve sheet scanned in on Monday, but from what I've seen with the HP curve it never dropped below 150hp until it reved out.
Take it or leave it but I didn't pay $85 to have someone tell me my numbers are wrong:backoff

FordCoalRoller

IDI Probbie
Reaction score
What all have you done fuel system wise on the pump and what egts were you running maxed out. That is crazy that you made almost 200 ponies on an NA engine!! Would have love to seen the real torque numbers!! Very impressed.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why do you have her screaming up so high lol?
any rate,its nice to finally see these E40D trucks on the dyno.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why do you have her screaming up so high lol?
any rate,its nice to finally see these E40D trucks on the dyno.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
Honestly I don't know what Columbus Diesel Supply did, but here is what I told them. "I want high idle set at 4000rpm and do what ever you can while your inside that won't cost me any more than a regular ol rebuild to get more power." To this day I have no idea what they did, and they don't remember what they did. On my receipt they noted that they set the high idle to 4200rpm yet it revs out to 4500rpm:dunno

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pump cranked 5 flatts!! What are your max egt's and whats your average egt range?? I think you need a set of stans long tube headers and a realy good cold sir intake, and see what that thing can realy do..

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
pump cranked 5 flatts!! What are your max egt's and whats your average egt range?? I think you need a set of stans long tube headers and a realy good cold sir intake, and see what that thing can realy do..

HOT! Not that bad really. They clime fast to 1000 but after that it slows down and by that time I need to slow the truck down any way.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what have you peeked your egt's at?? I am going to be putting a new ip on my truck soon and was thinking id crank 3 flatts into it before installing it.. Plus i am planning on long tube stans headers and 3" dauls..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holly crap, 1300 degree egt's.. Geuss i'll try 3 flatts, id rather not melt a piston if i can avoid it.. I think the long tubes will help lower the egts a good bit thou..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin

Staff online

Members online