DYNO RESULTS! Ya'll are in for a shock.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
If your careful you'll be fine. It only really gets that hot when your really reving it high say 3300 or 4500. More hot gases coming out at that speed. High load and RPM but every truck is different.

eatont9999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sounds like he has a turbo. Not bad numbers if he doesn't. I know you have modifications but I stop when my truck hits the rev limiter. It sounds bad as hell but I can't but think blown head gaskets and EGT side effects. I'm non turbo right now but I will be installing an ATS 088 and retuning my engine in the spring. I already have the slightly advanced timing, so I should not have to dicker with that.

dieselgiant

Dieselgiant
Reaction score
It sounds like he has a turbo. Not bad numbers if he doesn't. I know you have modifications but I stop when my truck hits the rev limiter. It sounds bad as hell but I can't but think blown head gaskets and EGT side effects. I'm non turbo right now but I will be installing an ATS 088 and retuning my engine in the spring. I already have the slightly advanced timing, so I should not have to dicker with that.

No turbo that's just the sound of the rollers. Believe you me when I was standing beside it while it kept on reving past 4200 I started freaking out. I just closed my eyes and waited for the BOOOM but it never came. I still cringe when I watch the video, hearing it reach what I've heard it rev...and then go past that.

sootman73

Reaction score
I dont think I could let anyone else push my truck ******* a dyno. No thanks i'll do that myself plus I would have wanted to see the torque. why would they start so high of rpm? looks like a diesel event so why would they be starting that high? I would think they would be starting around 1200-1400 rpms?

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont think I could let anyone else push my truck ******* a dyno. No thanks i'll do that myself plus I would have wanted to see the torque. why would they start so high of rpm? looks like a diesel event so why would they be starting that high? I would think they would be starting around 1200-1400 rpms?

I would guess that the trans would downshift if you tried to do a WOT run starting lower.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holly crap, 1300 degree egt's.. Geuss i'll try 3 flatts, id rather not melt a piston if i can avoid it.. I think the long tubes will help lower the egts a good bit thou..

He's had pump work done though. You gotta remember that. So a stock pump won't be pushing as much fuel.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
No turbo that's just the sound of the rollers. Believe you me when I was standing beside it while it kept on reving past 4200 I started freaking out. I just closed my eyes and waited for the BOOOM but it never came. I still cringe when I watch the video, hearing it reach what I've heard it rev...and then go past that.

Miine never blew, enjoy that extra rpm, i pulled a really steep mountain once 2nd gear 4200 rpm and 21psi and mine was lovin it

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think those are very impressive numbers at the wheels, especially considering you are running an E4OD. It also looks like you are running a pretty tall tire which eats some rear wheel torque as well. I am assuming you aren't spinning a transfer case, but even if yours is 2WD, I think those are great numbers for a normally aspirated truck ;Sweet

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
Ill have to take my 6x6 to the dyno when I get the IDI swap done in it to see what it puts down :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online