my dyno numbers are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking...open

I will run it open next time but after I was advised on here it could of simply been the dyno wasnt loading my engine enough, not the air filter collapsing... I did research and then called mustang. The vehicle weight input is to try and get it close to simulating the same resistance as on the road. Changing the vehicle weight value in no way can "trick" the dyno into showing more or less power, but increasing it will hopefully put enough load on it to full spool my turbo.

papastruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was waiting for one of these threads - "I built..." vs. "I'm gonna build blah blah blah" followed by the disappearance of the OP. Nice work, NMB2!

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No internal work.

head gaskets, studs, turbo, DPS Pump, DPS stage 1 sticks, 2.5" x-over pipe, 2.5" up pipe, 3" exhaust housing, 3" downpipe, 4" straight pipe.

when I do the "rebuild" I will still not ceramic coat the pistons.. I think its pointless in my application... however I will be getting a cam ground once I figure out the specs I want/need.

All of my modifications are in my signature. Nothing else.

If you find a cam that works are you going to share the specs of it? :angel:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
You definatly are pushing the limits ;Sweet

I hope it can handle the boost though. 25psi is a lot for just studs and gaskets, even over torqued studs. At one point or another the gaskets isnt going to care how much clamping force it has on it, its going to go someplace. At least thats what I would think LOL

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice numbers....keep up the efforts, regardless of the who or where the parts come from, if they work well for you great stuff, If not, trash em n move to other parts that do...simple enough.

Thanks for the posting and vid, I'll be keeping my eyes on this thread!

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
You definatly are pushing the limits ;Sweet

I hope it can handle the boost though. 25psi is a lot for just studs and gaskets, even over torqued studs. At one point or another the gaskets isnt going to care how much clamping force it has on it, its going to go someplace. At least thats what I would think LOL

This is all I will say. I have different head gaskets than anyone else here

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Lame. Why play that game?

I'm building an IP that will push 500hp, but I won't tell you any details.

Tell us LOL

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Lame. Why play that game?

I'm building an IP that will push 500hp, but I won't tell you any details.

Tell us LOL

because the gaskets were a horse trade/favor that I was asked to keep hush hush.

I am doing a little R&D on them, when it turns out successful, I will definitely be giving the details.

Would you rather me lie and tell you that 'Im pushing all this power without any issues on regular gaskets?

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes using corn flake cardboard box head gaskets! I knew it...

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
Yes using corn flake cardboard box head gaskets! I knew it...

that actually made me lol... wife looked over at me and goes... :rolleyes: what?

because usually when I laugh out loud its because I'm looking at some **** in the trailer park on Pirate.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All that boost at stock compression ratio.......that alone is new territory.

You weren't the first to suggest that high compression when turbocharging a diesel may not be as much a problem as conventional thinking says, but its not a popular position.

But this is the first real world example that seems to really test that theory (and perhaps falsify it!). The only thing I might say on that is head gaskets (Well, normal ones) don't always fail all at once. Mine had the fire ring slip out a little and allowed erosion to the deck surfaces but wasn't enough to actually be noticeable as a "head gasket" problem because not enough gases were escaping into the coolant to notice.

But having said that, my example probably doesn't apply since you aren't running stock head gaskets (and I wasn't running studs back then either).

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
All that boost at stock compression ratio.......that alone is new territory.

You weren't the first to suggest that high compression when turbocharging a diesel may not be as much a problem as conventional thinking says, but its not a popular position.

But this is the first real world example that seems to really test that theory (and perhaps falsify it!). The only thing I might say on that is head gaskets (Well, normal ones) don't always fail all at once. Mine had the fire ring slip out a little and allowed erosion to the deck surfaces but wasn't enough to actually be noticeable as a "head gasket" problem because not enough gases were escaping into the coolant to notice.

But having said that, my example probably doesn't apply since you aren't running stock head gaskets (and I wasn't running studs back then either).

I just seen no reason why everyone here was giving all of these reasons why this motor couldnt make power, instead of why it could. It comes down to the type of people that own it, and alot of them cant afford to take chances... I'm in the army.. its not like I'm loaded... but I am a gearhead and I do like doing this stuff, so I took on the challenge, and took the chance at losing my ass on the money.

As for the gasket issues.. I think a nice set of fel-pro's coated, or even uncoated with properly overtorqued studs would have no issue handling 20psi for their lifespan. I would bet money on that.

I am testing the gaskets I have now because I want to run up into the 26psi range... and I cant take chances with my tow rig. Overbuilt is better than underbuilt 9 out of 10 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bradz

Members online