my dyno numbers are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
if you wire the wastgate shut then you can push more boost (if desired) IIRC dyoung was pushing 28lbs when his headgaskets blew. and just out of curiousity what are MSL gaskets?

I tac welded the actuator arm shut. Not to call out dyoung, but I'm thinking his gauge was off..(HF gauge) or some other factor was in play. The most I have seen was about 23psi.... the turbo just doesnt have anything else in it. My truck pegs 20psi with EASE, so its not my fueling system.... its the turbo.

MLS = multi layer steel

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
I tac welded the actuator arm shut. Not to call out dyoung, but I'm thinking his gauge was off..(HF gauge) or some other factor was in play. The most I have seen was about 23psi.... the turbo just doesnt have anything else in it. My truck pegs 20psi with EASE, so its not my fueling system.... its the turbo.

MLS = multi layer steel

guess we'll never know now that he's selling his turbo :rolleyes:. thats the only guage he went cheap on. well the rest were name brand i just sold them to him cheap LOL.

and on the head gaskets. are they made by felpro? i see in your sig "felpro gaskets''. if i get me another idi then ill probably be in the market for some. any idea where i can get them and how much they would cost? thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew... made it through another weekend without totally imploding, but this thread reminds me of the disputed border between Israel and the Palistinians. Just one nudge in the wrong direction and the drama will unfold again. I appreciate everyone taking the high road and trying to bring the thread back on course, but at this point the technical merit of this thread is drowning in an undercurrent of malcontent. I think it's in everyones interest that I close it. I invite NMB2 or anyone else to open a new one, and I hope that personal insults, inuendo or what have you might be represed by a fresh window. "Button Pushing" as it were, as long as it is completely in accordance with forum rules is always going to happen. Trying to keep your cool in difficult situations helps make all of us better people. After all, if you just coasted through every day, what would you learn, or how would you better yourself? Let's take a deep breath and start again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tottripp

Members online