MAJOR Engine Failure!!!

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Thanks for the offers guys. Canada is a little too far to go. I want to get the motor on a stand & pull the heads before I decide which way to go. If everything else is ok except the block, I'm going to short block it & build it up stout. I think over the past few days, I've come to the realization that keeping it is my only option based on what I owe & what this is going to cost me. I'd lose my ass if I sold it now. I really do like the truck & it does all it's supposed to......when it's running. So the dually will have to wait if it even happens at all.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Ehhh, built a stout PSD and make it a dually....Piece of cake - except for the money part....duoh!...I have a 63 Mercury that I restomodded, I know too well the cost of having toys...LOL...Some day's I'd like to pull my IDI and put in the PSD to join in the HP war but then poor feller's like yourself bring me back to earth with your carnage.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Taking a cool off break (100* here today) & here's what I've found so far today. Block is cracked on both sides. Left side is worse. Guess that's why there was so much oil down that side. Might have it out tonite or tomorrow. Then I can get some good pictures.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be very interested to see what is laying in the oil pan. :eek:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
It's out. Many thanks to PAFIXIT & TBIRDFIEND for the help & tools. ALOT of junk in the pan. Got the big pieces out but would need a magnet for the rest. #2 rod is gone. #1 pushrod is gone. Injectors lookto be ok. Don't know what else is wrong yet. Pictures are here

dsblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So,
What did you decide to do on this? How are you progressing?
hope thigs are settling down for you...