MAJOR Engine Failure!!!

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
RIP PSD......:eek: ....I guess being in the trucking business you know the saying...."That's why their called broker's, broke when they start and broker when their finished".....I see it all the time, a guy goes out on his own, buys a used rig and within weeks he's got $$$$ in new parts put on it when **** breaks. Some get caught up, some loose the truck.

I agree with the rest, drop a new PSD in there and drive it.....Much cheaper than a new truck and atleast you know what you have....Unless the wifey will let you get an 08 Superduty, then I would be camping out at the local Ford dealer waiting for it to open....LOL

pafixitman

Reaction score
That doesn't include the SD because it isn't company owned!!!:eek:

Mistake!

If you had time I would have told you to drop in the big C. Short block it, stop the mods, get some cash and in the fall if Donna is still fed up, ditch it and get something else.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
....Unless the wifey will let you get an 08 Superduty, then I would be camping out at the local Ford dealer waiting for it to open....LOL

I don't think she has any clue what they cost. But I think that's what she means by newer. There's no way.

Found some long blocks on ebay for around 3000.00 + shipping + core. I will not get a core refund due to the crack, right? I think one of the blocks was free shipping even.

Anybody know if any of the vendors here sell a beefed up long block. By that I mean forged rods, upgraded head studs & the like. Haven't found anything like that yet. Would a 94-97 block work?

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Too bad your so far away, I'd give you a smoking deal on a used 97 PSD...LOL....Runs great too but I'm hoping my IDI will never need to be replaced by the PSD.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, for what it's worth - scrap steel is getting about 6 cents a pound right now. No need to give away that block when your done with it. It will buy you lunch.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Well, for what it's worth - scrap steel is getting about 6 cents a pound right now. No need to give away that block when your done with it. It will buy you lunch.

That's about all I can do with it I guess.

What about dropping a cummins in it:D

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Long block includes the heads, Short block is just the block, crank, rods, & cam.

Well it's home & I will try to get some pics of what I see so far.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Here's some pictures. Not great but I'm shooting through the space in the fender liner & the shock.

Attachments

• june to sept.'06 003.jpg
    june to sept.'06 003.jpg
    728.6 KB · Views: 42
  • june to sept.'06 002.jpg
    june to sept.'06 002.jpg
    713.8 KB · Views: 37
  • june to sept.'06 001.jpg
    june to sept.'06 001.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 35

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
RIP, no further diagnosis needed....:eek:....Time for a longblock I would say.....Which # cylinder is that? Hard to tell in the pic's....Funny coincidence but I was visiting with my buddy who is a service advisor at the local Ford dealership today - (his wife just had a baby last week). I mentioned reading about your truck on the net....He asked about chips, turbo upgrades and etc.....When I said "yes", he wasn't surprised.:dunno....He was telling me MANY horror stories about the 6.0L's and diesel E40D/4100R tranny's....6.0L Head gaskets and tranny failures are a constant site in their shop, he said they can't get the $7000 tranny's in stock fast enough lately.:eek:

I think I'll hang on to my two spare E40D's and C6 just in case...LOL

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Scott when you put the chip in was there any signs of a previoous chip that may have been removed by the previous owner? I found out on my 97, that it had been chipped before I got it. The PCM had been opened before.