MAJOR Engine Failure!!!

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Yeah, the 6.0 has/had issues. But none of them were with the block so much as with head gaskets/injectors/turbos etc. From what i hear the block itself is the best part. And that aside, Scott's rig is a 7.3, which is known to be a very reliable motor.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Big rig, it is just between #1 & #3. Mine is a 7.3, not a 6.0. Also I was careful when adding mods not to exceed the 400hp mark (not that I'm even close) to avoid **** like this.

Gruss, there has been some stuff removed thruout. I know I was the first to plug a chip into this PCM because it was still wax coated. But that doesn't mean it's the first PCM either. There's always the diagnositic port too. It had to have something in it.

Trackspeeder, still deciding which way to go.

Joe, That's actually 2 words & a punctuation markLOL . I'm considering that also if I keep the truck. Problem is I have alot of PSD mods already (if they're not trashed) & I'd have to start from scratch with the Cummins.

I thought a PSD was the dark side. Actually, the bottom of my truck is the dark side (oil slick).

......OK now don't everybody jump at once, but who wants to come over here & show me how to do this so I know how for the next time??;p

pafixitman

Reaction score
Scott,
I'd love to help ya, but we have the vacation planned, kids b-day party etc. Not to mention I actually have to work at this new job!

Bean

Reaction score
Scott, I dont make it over here much at all anymore but just came across this. Sorry about your loss, that engine definetly should not have done that with your mods. Let me know if I can help with something, I have cores and stuff layin around but they all need built in some way or another. You can also cruise car-part.com and find a take out motor for fairly reasonable alot of times.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott, if I'm free when you decide to do it, I'll come help you. The brotherhood transcends favoritism. ;Sweet

sassyrel

Reaction score
as bean said--go to www.car-part.com and see if can find whole engine close to ya--or find a good short block on ebay--or a whole engine---and go for it--strange that it blew--as didnt have enough chip to blow it---oct 2000 is when they went pmr rods--

JLDickmon

Bo Duke
Reaction score
Scott... nicest vented block I've seen in a while.

Junkyard motors may be hard to find as it takes a LOT to do $12,000 damage to one of these...

Crate motor may be the way to do it...

or as has been suggested, foundry scrap is about $200./ton right now....

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
Mel, Thanks for the offer. I'll get in touch with you when it's ready to come out or before. Have to work on it as time permits right now so it's hard to nail down a time or day to arrange for help. Next week should be better.

I've checked car-parts & it keeps coming up 0 matches found. I'll keep trying.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Scott, I did a search on Car-Part.com in 'northeast' for a 2000 PSD and found about 20 hits. For example-
2000 Engine
Ford Truck F350 Super Duty
need core $500 -wiring
mileage 90,000
KMM121 $1900
Cherry Auto Parts USA-OH(Toledo) Request_Quote 1-800-537-8677

There was one with a bad head, one with no turbo, this one above appears to have no wiring, etc. You may be able to find something like that in a wrecking yard since you have all the wiring, turbo, heads, and such.

Here's another one-
2002 Engine
Ford Truck 250 Super Duty 74,458
7138 $2800
Walt's Auto Inc. USA-OH(Springfield) Request_Quote 1-800-325-7564

Last edited:

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I was entering MD only for the search. cookoo Found a 39,000 mile 7.3 complete for $5500.00 near pittsburg,pa, 119,000 mile complete for $3300.00 near allentown, pa & a 78,000 mile 7.3 in NC for $4000.00. Nothing under engine block only though.

Does it matter what it came out of? Some are from 350's 450's & 550's.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
Hey I would jump at tearing apart your truck. But your to far away.:D Thats a roadtrip. From the other thread, you have it under control.:thumbsup:

Wichever way you go you will have the improved darkside.:cheers:

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
Big rig, it is just between #1 & #3. Mine is a 7.3, not a 6.0. Also I was careful when adding mods not to exceed the 400hp mark (not that I'm even close) to avoid **** like this.

I knew you had a 7.3, I was just passing on some of his horror stories about the 6.0's...He said they don't see very many blown 7.3's, usually just worn out ones.;Sweet

I have a 97 PSD here, $2500cdn and it's yours....377K but it runs great....LOL