lets see your custom CCV concoctions

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I just have a road draft tube going out the crankcase vent hole down behind the passenger side front wheel. And a plug in the back of the intake. My truck has quite a bit of blowby, many a time I hop out of my truck somebody says they think it might be on fire… or leaking something. Always getting concerned comments about it…
What nice people you are around! :joker:

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just have a road draft tube going out the crankcase vent hole down behind the passenger side front wheel. And a plug in the back of the intake. My truck has quite a bit of blowby, many a time I hop out of my truck somebody says they think it might be on fire… or leaking something. Always getting concerned comments about it…
Reminds me of when I had bad injectors and an exhaust leak people where honking at me

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hacked
Just my .02...

Isn't the idea behind the cdr to stop a runaway and provide a slight negative pressure situation?
I assume you have restrictions in those?

Curious,
Anyone ever put vacuum gauge on a factory setup?

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hacked
Just my .02...

Isn't the idea behind the cdr to stop a runaway and provide a slight negative pressure situation?
I assume you have restrictions in those?

Curious,
Anyone ever put vacuum gauge on a factory setup?
I don’t personally see a runaway risk, and it will be under vacuum as it’s a closed system pulling from the intake. I will have an oily intake because there’s no “catch” filtering. To what degree, I’m interested in seeing. I’m feeling less enthusiastic about catch cans on IDIs in generally lately. From other conversations I’ve had, starting to think that going off the IP cover like @IDIoit did could be best because the IP gear itself acts as the centrifuge. I like my latest setup though where I tapped the intake for the bushing in the rear. If I have issues in this setup or don’t like the results, I’m going to do an IP cover to my rear bushing setup.

If anything else, I like how the rear facing duel valve cover setup looks.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also that only applies to NA, for turbo, TBD but I have a turbo engine coming up that I’m not going to run catch can. I’m thinking a single AN16 from the ip access cover to the intake but I would want to baffle it & think through it more when I get to that point. The vacuum from the turbo intake I can see to some small % chance that unbaffled I can create a runaway loop between the crank case and turbo.

Black dawg

Reaction score
R&d says to just dump it to the atmosphere, I have to much blow by. For that.
I have yet to see an idi with original style rings (even 20-30k low mile trucks) that didnt have to much blowby for that.