Leafspring Help

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so I got these Rough Country front leaf springs pt# 8062 according to the Rough Country catalog they are for

94-97 F-350 STRAIGHT AXLE FRONT SUSPENSION (POWERSTROKE ONLY)
8062-FRT LEAF SPRINGS

4" lift.

The correct springs according to the catalog would be 8044 for my 89 F350.

Here are the specs from the catalog on the springs.

LEAF SPR # | LIFT | LENGTH (A) | ARCH (B) | LEAVES | WIDTH
8044 | 4 | 53.5 | 6.75 | 5 | 3
8062 | 4 | 50.5 | 8 | 6 | 3

So the question would they still work for my truck? Any caveats?

Mahalo
pb

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone guess I'll just buy some longer ubolts and give it a shot would I need to get the drop pitman arm and longer shocks?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Yup. pitman arm and shocks should be all you need. O and 2" more lift for the rear to level the truck back out

paulb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got any suggestions on the brand of shocks or drop pitman arm (inexpensive but good, yeah I know oxymoron) I am going to have to order everything there are no shops here.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be cautious and preppared for also purchasing longer shackles or having to move hangers as your spring eyes are closer together and your shackle angle may be out too lunch because of it. Just something to keep in mind....I just a set of springs too and I suspect they are for a PS not an IDI as they are shorter....which would make less travel for me...grrr...oh well I"ll flip em and make a few bucks and be happy!

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
You got any suggestions on the brand of shocks or drop pitman arm (inexpensive but good, yeah I know oxymoron) I am going to have to order everything there are no shops here.

Any brand pitman arm.

As for the shocks, Skyjacker, Superlift, RAnchos are all cheap junk. If you want a quality shock, look into Bilstein