Leaf spring question

firehonomichl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will leaf springs off a 99 fit on an 89? I found a solid front axle and leafs and was thinking of doing the swap just wondering if it would fit?

Hagan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will leaf springs off a 99 fit on an 89? I found a solid front axle and leafs and was thinking of doing the swap just wondering if it would fit?

No they are not bolt on unless you go with a Skys offroad design RSK that uses superduty leafs.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 1999 axles use a different bolt pattern for the wheels than the older axles. Keep it simple and find an axle closer to your model year. From what I've read on the Superduty swap it seems most people recommend V code leafs in front.

Rusgo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People swap over super duty axles into these trucks. Then you have the same bolt pattern front and rear.

Both front and rear superduty springs can be used in the older trucks with some work and parts.

Just not direct replacement.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
People swap over super duty axles into these trucks. Then you have the same bolt pattern front and rear.
You can also almost be guaranteed to have the same gear ratio in both axles this way too. I say "almost" because you can't tell what kind of stupid things may have been done previously.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
How is the 1" wider spring perch spacing on the SD front diff commonly dealt with?