ISSPro gauges. Group buy?

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
HS108, i would make coolant temp your fourth gauge on the pillar. i don't know what kinds of deals Mel is handing out right now, but i would ditch the oil temp and get a fuel pressure gauge along with the oil pressure, or based on the deal you get keep with the oil temp and get the fuel pressure. do 4 gauges on the pillar and the other 2-3 gauges under neath the little cubby hole right above the trans tunnel. i have mine set up that way, just i have three pillar gauges.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I can add some information about gauges and their placement in the cabs. I feel looking down under the dash at the tunnel bump is distracting to the view driving down the road. Thats where Banks installed my Pyro and it was not a good place for me. I would have to focus on the gauge then refocus on the road. That for me takes some doing. I like everything up top where I can glance at them. Not much differant that where the stock gauges are. Now for an oil temp gauge. Thats mostly a luxury gauge. There is nothing to can do about the oil temps. And driving around or on the freeways mine stays about 10 0r 12 degrees above my coolant temps. Now if you pulling a grade of hauling heavy and you see a temp you don't like.. Just how are you going to change that.. It is what it is and nothing but stopping or going down hill will change the oil temp. Hope this helps others to see whats happening in the actual world of gauges. I do like lots of gauges but some have no real effect on how I drive. Oil temp is one of them.. Differancials are anothe location that we really can't do much about changeing what we see back there. Now auto trans tmps are critical. So I strongly recommend those but place them correctly. I run all the EV Isspro gauges. They are all electronic. I have run the mechanicl too but like these better..

Attachments

• DSC00193.jpg
    DSC00193.jpg
    643.8 KB · Views: 110

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary, how do you like the EV gauges? The main reason why I haven't sent my wish-list to Mel yet is that I haven't decided whether to go with EV or Performax gauges. I have an EV pyrometer and have been very happy with it, but I've heard that others have had quality-control issues with them; OTOH the Performax gauges sound like they have the potential to be even more of a headache, although I like the idea of having one control box controlling all the gauges instead of four separate boxes. Hence my dilemma...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tim.. I have had issues with my gauges. Some have been warranted twice but they are now 7 years old. I felt the box that controlled them was suspect. I understand they have made some improvements and the problems I had are gone. Having one box to controll all the gauges is a good idea.. Till that box fails. I'm thinking the mechanical gauges are the better type to use. Our pyro is mechanical. I did have a mechanical oil pressure gauge in the cab for many years. Never a problem. I know we can run a special isolater so no hot oil or fluids enter the cab too. I really want a gauge with a orange hand on it. There is another gauge maker out there that has created a gauge with a high and a low set point plus an auditable alarm and a flashing red lite...:thumbsup: Probelm is they are around $200.00 each. This is what I was trying to do many years ago with old mister bill. Then my son in law said he could help me make this panel up but that didn't happen either. I want a low pressure low water level alarm. And then an alarm on all the other gauges with a flashing lite. Also a cancel button to stop the alarm. But if another alarm comes in it will alarm again alerting me to the gauge. I know I don't want much do I...:angel:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gary, thank you for your feedback ;Sweet Do you remember how long ago you bought your gauges? I bought my pyro in 2006, FWIW. Again, it's performed flawlessly except for having some issues with dirty connectors at the thermocouple; I hit the connections with steel wool and covered them in liquid electrical tape, and all's been well ever since :angel:

rather than listen to me ramble on read this link. Very nice info on the diff between the performax and ev2's......

http://powerstrokenation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141491&highlight=isspro+ev2+gauges
Good info, Eric, thanks for the link ;Sweet My main question now is, how reliable are the Performax gauges, and more importantly, how reliable is the "ESP" controller? I really only want to be buying a gauge setup once. For that matter, I still have to figure out where all five of them are going to go...maybe I'll do a panel like Gary's :D

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Tim, I mentioned the gauges are 7 years old. Thats in the first sentence of my post. you must be working to hard and need to slow down... Rest is good and you can't over dose on it.. Thats a good thing..:angel::thumbsup::D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim, I mentioned the gauges are 7 years old. Thats in the first sentence of my post. you must be working to hard and need to slow down... Rest is good and you can't over dose on it.. Thats a good thing..:angel::thumbsup::D
Rest?!? What's THAT?!? LOL According to my boss, I can rest when I'm dead...

Seriously, thank you for pointing that out :oops: That's what I get for reading too quickly; I had somehow missed it :sorry:

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can add some information about gauges and their placement in the cabs. I feel looking down under the dash at the tunnel bump is distracting to the view driving down the road. Thats where Banks installed my Pyro and it was not a good place for me. I would have to focus on the gauge then refocus on the road. That for me takes some doing. I like everything up top where I can glance at them. Not much differant that where the stock gauges are. Now for an oil temp gauge. Thats mostly a luxury gauge. There is nothing to can do about the oil temps. And driving around or on the freeways mine stays about 10 0r 12 degrees above my coolant temps. Now if you pulling a grade of hauling heavy and you see a temp you don't like.. Just how are you going to change that.. It is what it is and nothing but stopping or going down hill will change the oil temp. Hope this helps others to see whats happening in the actual world of gauges. I do like lots of gauges but some have no real effect on how I drive. Oil temp is one of them.. Differancials are anothe location that we really can't do much about changeing what we see back there. Now auto trans tmps are critical. So I strongly recommend those but place them correctly. I run all the EV Isspro gauges. They are all electronic. I have run the mechanicl too but like these better..

Now that is a cluster of gauges! Hey Nice Mocha Dash! I sure did like your idea there!

Javier

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gauges have started to arrive, and I have some stock. Still working on the spreadsheet to get this info back to those who PM'ed thanks for the support.