Is this worth it to me?

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/497715111039566/

Ats turbo and a spare running engine and trans (though it's a 2wd) or I could always leave the truck together and just steal the turbo for one of my better IDI's.. My 7.3 is begging for a turbo now that I did my smf swap with a fresh ZF5, my 6.9 though it's N/A actually pulls better than my dad's factory turbo E4OD so I'm not worried about it.

I never really planned to turbo anything so I've not read most threads about this despite my time here outside of knowing the basics of adding one to an N/A engine, but any idea what turbo that is and how much of an add on it would be for "Ernest" in my sig? I don't see the ATS come up as much when I did some browsing around the forums last night in turbo threads.

I'd almost need to make the argument to my wife this is money spent to make an existing truck better because being 2wd and a stick and a single cab there's not much redeeming value if I just buy it and fix it up.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMO not worth it.

I'm in PA too, let's say the turbo motor max (if it was in running shape no issues) - $700. Anytime I see any issue listed with the motor and prime whatever i know there's something else likely going on too. 2wd trans since you're a 4x4 ZF5 guy.. not valuable to you, maybe if you sold it. But that would be a to a specific person that's not commonly looking for a T18/T19 that's 2wd. The T18/T19 is slightly easier to convert than the ZF5 but still not something you really want to do for fun sake. Body parts, do you need any of that? I see rust on the bed, rust on the rockers, doors might be OK. Fenders may be okay. That's a 100 bucks tops if they are 0 rust in PA. Maybe some interior pieces or the core support if you need it. Front axle wouldn't be worth anything to you. Rear, maybe? But the sterling you already have is solid and not prone to many issues.

I'm coming up with this being worth about $800 to you...

The IDI vendors can hook you up with a stock turbo setup and if you're gonna spend money that's what I'd probably do. Unless you convince him to part that truck out and give him ~650 for the motor. I would want to hear it run.

For your second question - looks like an ATS 088, that's non-waste gated.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess that's kinda my fear is there may not be enough there to make some extra value over just getting a kit if I were going to do this.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin