Injectors coming lose

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm working on a 7.3 idi in are shop. The guy the had a complaint thst the truck was running weird and egts are getting low. So I pulled the injectors out to find out the barrels of them are literly coming un screwed from the tops...... anyone ever seen something like this before? Soot is like glued on them.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep that’s from a crappy injector rebuilder not knowing what they are doing. As for soot how did the cooper washers look?

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep that’s from a crappy injector rebuilder not knowing what they are doing. As for soot how did the cooper washers look?

Good but one didn't look like it as crushed. If that makes sense it was tight almost kinda over tight in a way. But the washer looked new once you cleaned the shoot off. The bottom of the injector looked bluish black from a lot of heat in guessing.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
If the injectors are out take a straight point dental pic and drag it around the cast iron seat in the head. If it stops anywhere then that means you have a cut seat that needs to be fixed. The torque on the injectors into the heads is 35 ft lbs but some like a little more.

Fordfan90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the injectors are out take a straight point dental pic and drag it around the cast iron seat in the head. If it stops anywhere then that means you have a cut seat that needs to be fixed. The torque on the injectors into the heads is 35 ft lbs but some like a little more.

Thanks Icanfixall I'll try this when I get back to the shop today.