IDIT flexplate

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a flexplate for this 93 turbo ,it was factory manual shift. I have searched everywhere for a part number on it. It doesn't appear to be stamped anywhere.I also know that the IDIT engine uses a specific flexplate. And the identification tag that the vendor sent identifies it as the proper flex plate for a factory turbo motor. But I sure would like to verify it. I don't suppose anyone has a picture of one? Awful lot of work to put the wrong part in. And just to put this bit of info out there.. I could not locate a new flex plate anywhere. I called ATS, and every other supplier I can think of. It took me over a month to locate this one. So if you're running one of these engines, you might want to pick one up and throw it in your stash.

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the quarter in there for reference.. this is what I received

You must be registered for see images attach

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope this is the correct one

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a thread titled C6 flexplate vs 94 IDIT. But the pictures are gone from the thread. It does state that you can tell the turbo from the non-turbo by the weight that is welded on there. But it doesn't say which one is which.lol

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you post a picture of your flexplate without the bolt pattern covered? I don’t have any here at the moment

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thewes.. I just found it using the search feature and re wording it. The IDIT flexplate can be identified using the welded on weight, whereas the normally-aspirated unit has no weight.

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope it's a turbo version.2 pictured on that auction site.. neither showed the weights in the pics.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats a factory turbo flex plate, you can spot them easy because the weight is opposite from the missing bolt hole

Comptech

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much.im putting injectors in my n/a motor..if she doesn't start..turbo engine. going in this week.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I found a thread titled C6 flexplate vs 94 IDIT. But the pictures are gone from the thread. It does state that you can tell the turbo from the non-turbo by the weight that is welded on there. But it doesn't say which one is which.lol
From what I've seen, the C6 flexplate is very different from the one for a Factory Turbo since it uses a E4OD transmission. The differences are very apparent.

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are pics of the flexplate from a 1994 IDI factory turbo motor

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much.im putting injectors in my n/a motor..if she doesn't start..turbo engine. going in this week.
So... I'm going to point out that in my experience, bad injectors don't prevent an IDI from running.
You want to look elsewhere - Make sure you are getting fuel to and through the injectors(white smoke out the exhaust, no air bubbles at the bleed on the fuel filter). Then, glow plugs. Make sure they are staying on for at least 10 seconds with a cold engine. Only after those two are done should you assume something is wrong with the motor.