idi with bosch injection pump

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
Can't you time it in a similar manner that a Cummins would be timed? Just set the timing where you want it and not worry about the dynamic timing? You lose variability in the timing but it works for all the p-pumped engines...

There's probably a formula you can use to extrapolate the difference in timing due to the increase in pressure. The best way I can think of is to make a pop tester with multiple pressure outlets. Take your standard injector at 1700 psi and another at 2300 psi and either take a video so you can slow it down and measure the time difference or get someone to help with a stop watch. You might have to increase the pressure differential more to make discerning the difference in time simpler.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDI injectors could also be shimmed to pop a bit higher.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG! That pump is huge! No wonder the DB2 became so popular.

I foresee a custom intake needed...

Indeed. Something like the Banks intake for the Duramax would be something. I have seen some other ones that would work as well. I think I posted them in another thread like this. The pictures were of Powerstrokes but it is a similar concept...

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
How high can the IDI injectors be set before they shorten the life of the pump? I could do 100k on a set of injectors, and if the pump would last that long than I will have to get some shims and do it. I like the way it runs now with them all at like 1900-1950, and it could only get better with higher pressures.

SWS

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Stock "G" code injecters pop at 2200lbs I believe. The G codes were designed for the turbo engines but they also were made for emissions problems. Mel posted that they have a double seat in them. I have posted a video of them too.