IDI Drag Race Video

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My remarks about smoke and moose mister injectors was not intended to be a put down. I was trying to make a remark about how well it was burning even in a race situation.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I just watched the videos and I think they all did really well. I think they ran out just as I would have expected.... especially all the handshakers...... I remember driving a 4 and 5 speed in a truck, and the throw on the transmission is really long.....

It looks like everyone had a really good time.... including the spectators...... which is what it was really all about!!!! When we get to go to a rally, and if there is a chance to do this.... I would like to run the Ex down the track... just so see what it does..... I know it will not be fast...... but it will be fun

I really liked seeing the rear end, with the duals in the bed of Heaths truck...... doing just what a truck is supoed to do...... work and haul things.......

I am glad that no one broke anything...... that is not fun many miles from home.......

Great show guys...... here is looking forward to 2011 in PA!!!!!!!!

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
ok, Mel, not to doubt you.
but I gotta know.

How in the hell, did you get an F150 with a 7.3idi engine down to 2700lbs?
I need pictures and explaination please!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You CAN doubt me, as I'm not sure of that weight myself, but I will find the weight slip when I get home and let you know. We had to have it weighed on a certified scale as part of the registration process.

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
please do. I want as much info as possible.
I don't want to doubt you....
if I could loose 1500lbs off my F100 I would be VEEEERY happy.

well, I mean, it IS a 1000lb engine right? My truck with a 302 is over 4000lbs.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Drag racing is just plain fun, i have never had one of my trucks on the track but iplan on it,

Great job guys! ;Sweet

and to all the negitive remarks:moon:

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
So with all of this talk about what trucks weigh, I decided to weigh my truck, it has been quite a wile since it has been done and there have been some changes.

With my butt in the seat, tools in the box, Spare tire and tanks on the back and about the same amount of fuel when I raced (40 gal). My truck weighs:

8,240#

Pretty heavy stuff hu,...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
please do. I want as much info as possible.
I don't want to doubt you....
if I could loose 1500lbs off my F100 I would be VEEEERY happy.

well, I mean, it IS a 1000lb engine right? My truck with a 302 is over 4000lbs.
iirc the night moose is the lightning version. the bed is fibreglass on the outside and onlyt a 6ft bed too.

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to have a 82 F150 stepside - all steel bed with wood floor. 460/C6 2wd. It weighed right at 4200 lbs. 2700 sounds a little light.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Knuckledragger

Those numbers don't make a lot of sense, since the runs that we had around the 20 Sec mark were all closer to 70 MPH. Unless that thing does 0 to 50 in about 6 seconds and that is the top speed,..:dunno

Darrin,

My command car was all in at about 1000 feet, the White took forever to get going using about 8 gears to my 4. I think his trap time was about 55 and climbing fast. He shot by me after the end, all I had to do was take my foot off the gas to slow down.

I only related the story as an anecdote. The sight of a huge Diesel truck and a WWII command car dragging was undoubtedly the most odd pairing of the night.

I meant no insult to the trucks at the rally, it looked as if they were all having fun, and yes, I did realize that they had to drive home. I didn't know anyone had a load in the bed.

Mike

A_G

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my younger and dumber days, I'd cut school to go racing. It didn't faze me that I was driving through some of the worst traffic in the area, get to the track by 4pm, change out tires and be in tech inspection by 5pm. It started around 5:30 and with the number of cars there, you were lucky to get three runs in. by the time it was done it's 10pm. I still had to put back on my street tires and drive two hours home. It all came to an end when I broke my car halfway home and CHP noticed I had a restricted license( I lost my license due to streetracing). If my kid did today what I used to do, I'd prolly beat her senseless.:eek:
Imho, the times are real-life times. The truck ran with what is normally in the truck and launched no differently than in a spirited manner. Unlike last year, noone broke anything;Sweet These aren't drag trucks, sled trucks or whatever competition you want to do trucks. They will get you there and back with minimal fuss trucks and that is golden when you want a low anxiety vacation where breakdowns that require a towtruck, you own the right truck;Sweet

cut from same cloth?

I lost a ujoint on the way home....and the drive shaft spinning really fast to out the tail housing on the trans and the driveshaft flew from the vehicle and across the highway....or id go wheeling and get stuck

dak287

super dave
Reaction score
while i am a new member to the forum and i do not have an oil burner for a truck, i would like to say that the group that attend this years rally was great, i was camped near them at the camp ground, was invited to join in the activities, listened as they shared thier stories, was impressed with the innovations and engineering in most of the trucks, Big Ed, Moose, Nite lighting to name a few. those with nothing good to say should say nothing at all, these guys and gals and thier kids were having fun, i joined this forum today to see what it is all about, i shared my expirence from the weekend and pics fromsome of the post with some of my fellow coworkers at the local IH dealer and got razzed because i did not call them to come share with this group. the 2010 rally group was a fantastic group of people all committed to the fun of the sport, so i say keep up the thing you do for fun and the heck with all the ney sayers,

IH Dave

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
BIG THUMBS UP

Thanks for posting the vid! Cool to see where these trucks can run!

I had a '69 short bed F-150 that I took out to the drags in high school. It had a mildly rebuilt 390 and a 4-speed. Man did I think that thing was fast. It ran pretty consistent 22+ at 4400ft. LOL So I was actually a little surprised out how fast your times came in!!

What are the mods on the Joe Little Doggie truck??;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Darrin,

My command car was all in at about 1000 feet, the White took forever to get going using about 8 gears to my 4. I think his trap time was about 55 and climbing fast. He shot by me after the end, all I had to do was take my foot off the gas to slow down.

I only related the story as an anecdote. The sight of a huge Diesel truck and a WWII command car dragging was undoubtedly the most odd pairing of the night.

I meant no insult to the trucks at the rally, it looked as if they were all having fun, and yes, I did realize that they had to drive home. I didn't know anyone had a load in the bed.

Mike

Thats cool Mike,.

So my guess that it is 0 to 50 in 6 Sec and that is about top speed was close to correct,...;Really

Thanks for clearing it up ;Really

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylerperson

Members online