IDI Drag Race Video

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
that was 1/4 mile.Same time I got in white lightning when she was bone stock....Well,I did get a 22sec quarter once but that was cause wheel spin....don't drive through teh water box!!!!!

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
;Sweet Thanks for sharing!

Looks like you guy's had a really good time. I wish the rally wasn't so far away :(

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the deal is a lot of those trucks are very heavy. You noticed Matthias had a respectable 1/4 mile, his truck is not that heavy. I don't know much about lidlledoggie's truck but it was the fastest IDI. It's no surprise that the Cummins was quickest.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
To set the record straight for all who question why the times are where they are at is this.
Most of us have traveled a great distance and are pulling heavy loads cross country with our families. There was nothing to prove on the track other than to just go and have some fun.
Me, being the newest possessor of a Moose pump, put the hammer down but did so in moderation and still broke em loose. I had enough issues getting here and want to make it home safe with my family and fiver in tow.
Heck, Heath had a complete Dana 80 strapped in the back of his truck!:eek:
So just keep in mind that we were just out there to entertain ourselves and roll some coal.;Sweet

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Remember the trucks racing are the ones they have to drive back home many many miles away so no one wanted to break anything, yea Im sure they coulda went faster.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I for one applaud you guys for racing the trucks. It seams after last year the ice was broken, and the nerves have settled, that you don't HAVE to hammer on your truck to have a good time. Between the dyno last year and the drag racing this year, some of you are finally coming out of your shells. For THAT I give ya'll ATTA BOYS!

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Here are the 1/4 mile times:

20.90 Matthias in the Night Moose
21.21 Mel in the Moose Truck
21.52 Suzie in the Lady Moose
22.01 Chris, Diesel4metoo
21.61 Heath Sutton :with a 1000 pound rear end in the back of his truck:
19.40 Ron Diesel Dog Catcher
*18.89 Joe Little Doggie:
**16.58 Darrin Tosh

*fastest IDI
**Fastest truck

WOW where to start,....

First of all, It was a lot of fun! It has been over 20 years since I have gone down a race track! Big Thanks to our IDI Rally Host Chris and Jessica for setting this up for us. It was a great facility, lots of room, not too busy and great timing for us. They were running a Test and Tune Day so the track was open for anyone, and they were accommodating enough for us to set up whoever we wanted to race against. We only had to wait about 1/2 of an hour to go down the track.

All of the first 6 trucks to race had Hand Shakers, and Littledoggie and myself were the only automatics. All had turbos except for Night Moose.

One funny thing happened to me,....As you can see in the video that Suzie in the Lady Moose raced ahead of me, She took off and when I was pulling up to stage, the starter yelled back to his pit guy and said " Hey did you see that Burgundy Dually,... There was a Chick Driving it! LOL Made me chuckle,...

We all agreed, as was stated before, Yes we all had to drive these trucks home pulling our campers so they weren't gonna get beat on. We all wanted to get the trucks out of the hole without parts breakage, then once they were rolling, Then start to hammer on it, and shift though the gears. I didn't even lighten the truck up, My tool box was full of all my normal junk, I left the spare tire and tanks on the back, and had the transfer tank and main tank full of fuel. I just wanted a good solid run.

So no doubt we all could have cut our time if we wanted to spend the day and make some more runs but one run was enough for us just to see how they all would do. There is a lot of talk about a rematch or two,...

We both did about 20 seconds for the run at 50 miles per hour.

Knuckledragger

Those numbers don't make a lot of sense, since the runs that we had around the 20 Sec mark were all closer to 70 MPH. Unless that thing does 0 to 50 in about 6 seconds and that is the top speed,..:dunno

So...he thought it was going to cause one of the next racers to lose traction?

SWS

Oh,... So That's how Ron spun his tires,....:sly

I'm a little surprised at the amount of smoke the moose truck put out. Not a whole lot.

I disagree, I had a different vantage point than the video I was behind him and he actually dumped quite a bit of smoke. You can see every time he shifts gears it there is some pretty good smoke. With how the camera angle is I think that the sun drowns it out so it looks more gray than black, but it was rollin some coal,..as most were. Think a lot of us are getting used to watching real race trucks running 11's with tons of black smoke all the way down the track.

As for some of the other comments,... like,...yall Suck,...Watching paint Dry,...VWs runing 20's,...

Not sure what else you would expect,... a .001 reaction time with a hard launch, Carrying the front wheels to the 30 foot mark? dont think so,...These are 7 to 8000 pound trucks with a bunch of good ole boys and girl who don't drag race for a living just out having legal fun. Most of the drivers never have done it before in there life.,...guess thats all I gotta say about that....

So Thanks again to Chris and Jessica for setting this up for us. especially since I we missed the opportunity to run last year;Sweet

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the tone of some of the posts. You guys ask for rally pics and vids and then when you get them you pick them apart and put us down. Perhaps in the future it will be best to just keep the fun to ourselves. I paid one hundred dollars to put three trucks that were 18 hours and 925 miles from home on that track, and our only goal was toi be able to say we sat in friont of a christmas tree and put the hammer down. My wife was pretty aprehensive about doing it in the first place. We knew we were putting turtles on the track in froint of people whoi are used ti 325 MPH quarter mile sleds. It was bound to be embarrassing anyway. Blowing a head gaskjet or dropping a drive shaft would NOT have added to the experience. We now have a video that 8 different families contributed their vacations and serious money to bring you. How about a lkittle respect and why not try tio put yourself in our shoes before you start complaining that yiour fantasy doesn't add up to reality. Show us that you actually have some balls anmd start planning ti come to PA in 2011. Then maybe you will understand what it really takes to DO something rather than just watch other people and coimplain about it. Posting from my phone so sorry for grammer and format.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I don't like to see any negativity toward other members here or the IDI. It is what it is. You can build them faster, or get a more powerful engine, but I guess you have to expect times like you guys got with fairly stockish trucks. I only ever did something like this with Sam an EMD Driver in a local parking lot. Wish it could have been at the track. I'd like to see what a real "built" IDI could do on the dyno and at the track...I keep waiting for somebody to build that motor, maybe it's going to have to be me.

oldmisterbill

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
I would hate to see you stop posting ralley pics next year because of a few negative comments. It seems that "As for some of the other comments" , Fun -enterainment is just that & not to be made mockery of. I for one wish I could be there & and would be pleased to suck,while my paint dried ,watching the VWs run.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty cool guys and gals!
you guys had some fun!!! thanks for sharing.
nah,i wouldn't have felt embarrassed Mel.they're heavy work rigs,not race cars.
never feel embarrassed to have fun!
i wouldn't dare to have done it with my rig,well maybe,but the time would have been much slower for fear of breaking something hahaha so props to ya.;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Members online