IDI Drag Race Video

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
while i am a new member to the forum and i do not have an oil burner for a truck, i would like to say that the group that attend this years rally was great, i was camped near them at the camp ground, was invited to join in the activities, listened as they shared thier stories, was impressed with the innovations and engineering in most of the trucks, Big Ed, Moose, Nite lighting to name a few. those with nothing good to say should say nothing at all, these guys and gals and thier kids were having fun, i joined this forum today to see what it is all about, i shared my expirence from the weekend and pics fromsome of the post with some of my fellow coworkers at the local IH dealer and got razzed because i did not call them to come share with this group. the 2010 rally group was a fantastic group of people all committed to the fun of the sport, so i say keep up the thing you do for fun and the heck with all the ney sayers,

IH Dave

Hey Dave, It was great to meet you!

Can we all say HI to Dave?,.... one,...two,...three,....HI DAVE,...!

Here is the story, Most of the campsites around the pavilion were taken by someone related to the IDI group, Dave just happen to be camping there as well and was one of 2 that were not with the Group. Chris and Jessica invited them to hang out with us and chow on the wings that they supplied. Probably just to kiss a little butt so they don't get mad at a bunch of Diesel Gear Heads LOL

As it turns out, Dave works for International and is in charge of some warehouses full of International Parts, So needless to say we all hit it off well with him and had plenty of things in common to talk about.

What are the chances hu?

So if you need some parts,.........:rolleyes:

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Welcome Dave. While I did not attend this years rally, all of the ones I've been to, the campgrounds owners were always willing to have us back(not that we want to return to some of them). Glad to have you among us. Maybe you can find enough parts in the warehouse to build an IDI and make it next year.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang I really really want to do that!!! :mad: That is twice now that I didn't get too!!! Looks awesome fellas! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hmm PA; that might just be doable if a few things change in a diff direction! Awesome Video!!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the tone of some of the posts. You guys ask for rally pics and vids and then when you get them you pick them apart and put us down. Perhaps in the future it will be best to just keep the fun to ourselves. I paid one hundred dollars to put three trucks that were 18 hours and 925 miles from home on that track, and our only goal was toi be able to say we sat in friont of a christmas tree and put the hammer down. My wife was pretty aprehensive about doing it in the first place. We knew we were putting turtles on the track in froint of people whoi are used ti 325 MPH quarter mile sleds. It was bound to be embarrassing anyway. Blowing a head gaskjet or dropping a drive shaft would NOT have added to the experience. We now have a video that 8 different families contributed their vacations and serious money to bring you. How about a lkittle respect and why not try tio put yourself in our shoes before you start complaining that yiour fantasy doesn't add up to reality. Show us that you actually have some balls anmd start planning ti come to PA in 2011. Then maybe you will understand what it really takes to DO something rather than just watch other people and coimplain about it. Posting from my phone so sorry for grammer and format.

I, for one, REALLY enjoyed watching that! I was quite surprised how Ron's truck just got up and took off! lol

Don';t let a few flies in the ointment screw the rest of us! Keep the pics and videos coming...it's halping me convince my girlfriend to go on the next outing!

hoodshauler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looked like you guys had a great time. Suzi you will never live it down. But hey we know that the lady was MUCH heavier. ;Really...

Mel all the true IDI guiys really wanted to enjoy the pics and Videos. This Board has really changed in a just a few years HUH!

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting Dave! We really enjoyed talking to you. Hope you can stick around and enjoy our comraderee. ;Sweet

Hope you can make it next year BJ, save up a couple plan tickets. We will try to make arrangements to get anyone who is flying in.

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
I think Goofy's truck would have won, it's on a diet thanks to the D.O.T salt brine all winter...LOL.....Mel, I was suprised at the lack of smoke from your truck - mine will roll coal like an old Mack...As soon as I get my stack on I will post a video....Reman 7.3 pump and reman injectors from Pensacola diesel with a smidge of timing advance....I'd drag race my ride on mower if I had a challanger - I love the thrill of leaving the tree.;Sweet

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Man that looks like a blast. No negativity here!! A clearer head and better planning for next year, the Logger will be burning 20+sec quarter miles also!!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
So,next years rally.....how far from Centralia will it be?Always wanted to visit that place....Might get me up there....

smolkin

Stuck inside Mobile
Reaction score
Fantastic vid, looked fun! I wanted to go so badly...maybe next year? The two things that kept me away this time were: alignment/suspension issues, and the wife freaking out when I asked her in June...now I have a whole year to work on both problems!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to say I am a bit disappointed in the tone of some of the posts. You guys ask for rally pics and vids and then when you get them you pick them apart and put us down. Perhaps in the future it will be best to just keep the fun to ourselves. I paid one hundred dollars to put three trucks that were 18 hours and 925 miles from home on that track, and our only goal was toi be able to say we sat in friont of a christmas tree and put the hammer down. My wife was pretty aprehensive about doing it in the first place. We knew we were putting turtles on the track in froint of people whoi are used ti 325 MPH quarter mile sleds. It was bound to be embarrassing anyway. Blowing a head gaskjet or dropping a drive shaft would NOT have added to the experience. We now have a video that 8 different families contributed their vacations and serious money to bring you. How about a lkittle respect and why not try tio put yourself in our shoes before you start complaining that yiour fantasy doesn't add up to reality. Show us that you actually have some balls anmd start planning ti come to PA in 2011. Then maybe you will understand what it really takes to DO something rather than just watch other people and coimplain about it. Posting from my phone so sorry for grammer and format.

I agree 100% Mel. I came very close to just deleting the video from YouTube as it seemed to be nothing more than a source for throwing stones and insults at those who participated. I can't tell you how disappointed I am at some of the BS I've read in this post. Pissed off doesn't quite describe my reaction to what I've seen here. ;Pissed

But, I have not deleted the video yet and as long as members here stop acting like your typical internet forum goons, I'll leave it there. I can't imagine that this kind of drivel was even on OB.

Getting off soapbox now..........
As far as the Smoke is concerned, the angle and sunlight didn't do it justice. When Mel and I crossed the line I looked up in my rearview and I could not see Ron or Chris, the pits, the tower, or even most of the stands for the smoke cloud we left behind. Gotta love Moose fuel!:hail

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to say that I was really happy with my reaction time of 0.51. and my time/speed with a fully dressed 10 lug Dana 80 in the bed.:D

Heath

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
I think Goofy's truck would have won, it's on a diet thanks to the D.O.T salt brine all winter...LOL.....Mel, I was suprised at the lack of smoke from your truck - mine will roll coal like an old Mack...As soon as I get my stack on I will post a video....Reman 7.3 pump and reman injectors from Pensacola diesel with a smidge of timing advance....I'd drag race my ride on mower if I had a challanger - I love the thrill of leaving the tree.;Sweet

LOL. I bet with all the rusted panels, it weighs in at less than the night moose truck :rotflmao

Mine looks like a locomotive if I walk into it too, but I try to keep that to a minimum....:bs lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bob123456789