IDI Drag Race Video

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
wow,Ya'll suck...when the last yellow light GO.Take off is so slow that it will take a while to leave the beams.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Wow. It is like watching paint dry:rotflmao. I knew the idi's were no speed demons but holy crap, they are slow. My buddys k5 blazer w 38s and a 305 runs 21 seconds

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
well,put about another 2000lbs in the back of that blazer and see how fast it is in the quarter.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a little surprised at the amount of smoke the moose truck put out. Not a whole lot.

I have a feeling that my truck would make drying paint look fast compared to some of those.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
well,put about another 2000lbs in the back of that blazer and see how fast it is in the quarter.

But take 139CID advantage over the blazer and the blazer has 3.08s. I figured these trucks would be in the high teens at least. Don't most of the trucks shown , have turbos too?

Last edited:

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score

I've watched bone stock VW bugs run 20 second passes consistently... I know my truck isn't fast but I don't have to break it out onto a drag strip to prove it. :rotflmao

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
It's not a matter of whom is the fastest here guys... It's about taking them out and just plain enjoying them.... No one ever said that RV pullers were fast but they just took them to the track to enjoy them... It's a place where you can flat just stomp on it and not have to worry about some snot nosed kid pulling out in front of you.

Plus if you happen to get two guys that strap engines to freaking roller stakes you can bet at one time or another they will be lined up on the track... it's in a human males DNA to race anything and everything....

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Nice, I didn't if You'll ever drag race the moose truck Mel I remember a few years ago You didn't want to I making that engine work now :sly:thumbsup:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i raced my old 83 f250 once at englishtown. ran a 25.54 at 60 mph.

i built it to rock crawl, not go fast. lol

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
So...he thought it was going to cause one of the next racers to lose traction?

SWS

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
The truck in my avatar is a 1940 Dodge command car with a 6 cyl. flathead. I dragged that in 1977 at Irwindale Raceway against a White Freightliner bobtail. We both did about 20 seconds for the run at 50 miles per hour. I beat the truck only because I got the hole shot. If we had driven 20 feet farther, he would have passed me going 60. Hard to imagine that it would have given a race to the IH diesels.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent