Icanfixitall, where you are? International CGES-435-1 Book

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Well I'll just start a new thread & ask Icanfixall my question straight out.:D
Icanfixall, this revives your Thread from Nov'06 International CGES-435-1 Book for '91.
I assume this book probably covers other yr. specs....like '90 or so?

You also mentioned in I think post #9 of that thread about "The service manual for the DB2 pumps is part number CGES-475."
Do you have this one too? Or do you or someone else here know how in depth this DB2 pump book would be?....how many pages approx?

Thanks

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too excited about a book on the DB2. Pretty worthless without all the expensive tools and test equipment to go with it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I have been working on my truck pretty much all the time. Sorry. The manual CGES-435-1 will cover all the 6.9 and 7.3 idi motors. I make this statement because both of these motors use most of the same internal parts. Sure, the head bolts and torques are differant from the 6.9 to 7.3 but for "seeing" these motors internals you can't buy a better book. No, I have not bought the manual on the injection pumps. Like said its not going to help much without the test bench and calibration equiptment. You may have a need for it that isn't in your post but I'm on the outside on these pumps.

IHWillys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have CTS-4231 vol 2(S-series IH trucks) which contains CGES-345 which is the manual for the Stanadyne DB2 for IH 6.9. So I imagine one could likewise find a CGES-475 inside an IH truck service manual. These manuals may be easier to source than searching specifically for CGES-475.

I bought this manual figuring it would contain the 6.9 IDI service manuals inside, which it does. It has others too(9.0, DT466). It didn't cost much via ebay. So by getting this one truck service manual I have these manuals pertaining to the 6.9:

CGES-240-4 (6.9 diagnostic)
CGES-340-2 (6.9 service)
CGES-345 (6.9 IP)
CGES-350-2 (6.9 injectors)

Ken

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK I just called the local IH dealer/service shop and got a quote of $75.00 + taxes for the International CGES-435-1 Book Yeesh!

Have not found one on creepbay yeesh....so anyone near a local dealer willing to ship one?

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
OK I just called the local IH dealer/service shop and got a quote of $75.00 + taxes for the International CGES-435-1 Book Yeesh!

Have not found one on creepbay yeesh....so anyone near a local dealer willing to ship one?
Hold on Riot, I did some ordering yesterday, at Brattain Int, in Bend, Or.
CGES-435-1 @$45 even & CGES-475 @$24+ change.
then came home & found maybe some better stuff on puter. Or different stuff. Or something.....

I Googled CGES-435-1 & found this'n in HTML or PDF
pg 42
CGES-435-1 @$30
CGES-475 @$12

I've also Googled IHWillys
CTS-4231 vol 2....which I found HERE which I found under "S" series trucks, then found some stuff at same site under "Misc Service Manuals"

I also Googled
CGES-240-4 (6.9 diagnostic)
CGES-340-2 (6.9 service)
CGES-345 (6.9 IP)
CGES-350-2 (6.9 injectors)
But didn't find what I look for....

I don't have all the expensive IP test tools, but I kinda wanted some sort of IP book so when I'm tearing up some of my IP's I have, I can maybe look up what that thingie is/was that goes "tinckle, rattle":eek: when it falls on floor. Try to figure maybe where it should go, or even what it supposed to look like when I'm crawling round hunt-tin for it.:D

((I probably should be quiet bout this cause I'm not ready to part with either one yet) But I picked up 2 BRAND NEW NEVER BEEN USED injector pop testers couple yr ago at a city auction for pennies (our tax dollars at work) that I play round with. Thru years I've used/borrowed other Pop Testers, now I can play when I want with my own.
I'd really like to find some kind of injector book too sometime.....so maybe I'd finally know what I been messin round with thru the years.

I gotta go to Bend today & maybe I'll know more tonite.....maybe.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
update....kinda

Wwell I finally got to Brattain International Fri & cked on some more books. All the book #'s that IHWillys posted were no longer available.

I'll have my 2 books that I ordered in 1-2 weeks, or less. And see what they got in'em.

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
got 'em

Yesterday I picked up my 2 books from Brattain International, Bend, Or....& they're awesome!
1991 Engine Service 7.3 Manual #CGES-435-1 for $45 (list $60)
1988 DB2 Inj Pump Manual # CGES-475 for $18 (list $24)
UPS chg $5.50

Looking thru the DB2 manual I see why I shouldn't do anything except "tear 'em up & look-see inside...."LOL

I don't know if I can say this here or not.....I'll go stand in the corner if I shouldn't, but here goes.....:rotflmao
Somewhere round here I also got a big thick GM Diesel Engine Service Manual that has big chapter on GM's DB2 pumps that's pretty indelpth, that I should find.