i think its done

braboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:dunnowell i keep finding water in crankcase vent an a oil n water mix in the hose
its like brown grease. no water in oil just vent hose. just had the heads off
and replace one that was bad. the cylinders look good no water . can you help me figure this out thanks

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. We could use some information on what you are driving. Year, miles on engine, displacement, recient work done.
Well I see you replaced one head because it was shot. Please tell us why that head was shot. Did you pull both heads and have them checked for work needed or cracks. Answering some of these questions will help us tell you whats going on. Ase you loosing any coolant...

braboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok 92f350 cc 4x4 7.3 idi the engine is a reman with about 30,000 miles but it sat for about 5years in up state ny. its bored 30 over new ip this week . a banks trubo it now starts good cold but a bit tuff hot. good power .yes pulled both heads the head i replaced wsa cracked in 2 spots the other was fine .thank you for your time .i put the banks on when i got it late 2010 nov. was fine till about may is when i found this goop and yes loosing loolant not a lot but i know its not right. agin thanks

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ur motor may beshot the coolant may have eaten threw the cylinders walls its a problem in the 7.3 and boreing it 30 over dint help

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the reman comp did the 30 over not my goof o well time to look for a new one mabe a power strok swap

if u go ahead and do that u need all the compter parts to make it work

racer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should start looking for a new block to get ready for another rebuild. while your waiting to get all the parts together you should find another shop to prep your new block the last guy that bored a 7.3 .030 over needs to be replaced. just like the engine....well the reman shop should have known better.

braboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you'd think but the head that i replace had 3 welds in it . well if you have a block or know of one let me know gots lots of new parts i do

braboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes that means doner truck or by a good one an sell mine. but redone all but paint thats was next will see

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you really do have a cavitated block, I would be tempted to suggest looking for a 86 or 87 model year 6.9L diesel. They have about twice the metal in the cylinder walls and can be safely rebored several times before having to sleeve the block or throw it away. Although most 7.3s that had their coolant even half heartedly monitored will still go for a very long time without any cavitation issues.

joe f350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it the fact thats it been bord 30 over befor it was bored it may have been fine but know that is has been bored there less metal in the walls that speed up the catatiion

braboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i think that the person that i got it from let it sit for 5 years with just water an not much else just one of those things i will find a new one

sassyrel

Reaction score
well i think that the person that i got it from let it sit for 5 years with just water an not much else just one of those things i will find a new one

are you sure,,you dont have a bad o ring in the coolant jacket..bolted to the left side of the block???? as thats what will happen,,if a oring goes bad,,oil will fill the rad...