I think i done burned up the starter

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know everyone says it doesn’t work this way but mine smoked from everywhere and absolutely would not light off until I replaced the return lines and it fired almost immediately.

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I might try new return lines

I got that sucker going.
starter fluid

it's leaking a bit of fuel, and sounds awful, but it ran

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad you got it going. Return lines won't make it run better but they'll stop the leak, Lord willing. As long as you got oil pressure and it's not over heating, I'd let it run a bit and get up to temp. And then do the thing with ATF in the filter and see if that helps it run better. Other than that, I'd guess the timing has been messed with.

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
possible the timing was adjusted as the ip aged. I'll check all the basics first

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not all group 65 batteries are 850CCA
Tbh I just told the fella at Napa its an 86 6.9 and he said you need these I said cool.

Well my fellow gentlemen,

Not sure to make a new thread for this. Truck won't start without ether now, and it seriously has a lack of oomph. Constant white smoke out the exhaust and a ton of it during accel. Actually drove it around the block today woohoo.

I'm going to atf the filter today, yet also am wondering if I need to turn up the IP a skosh.

Question is, would you have any idea where to start chasing the smoke?

This is a video of it idling

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Azidiguy mentioned that his IP was actually loose and could move around a bit. Might be worth looking at, grab it and see if it can move side to side.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well first thing id do after atf is to put a clear hose before the fuel pump that fire wall fuel water separator is nasty made my truck nearly inoperable stalled 7 times trying to start

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx

Members online