I bought a newer truck

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
real good deal.
welcome to the darkside.
the more I fix them , the more I believe psds are easier to work on.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am beginning to think the Powerstroke are not that bad to work on, just have to roll up the sleeves and turn wrenches. What I need now is get a scanner so I can get the codes myself.
With a scanner it will tell you what is wrong instead of guessing. I love the power I have and this truck weight somewhere over 8,000lbs and it will make you smile. Been told to chip it and dial it to 60hp and my fuel mileage will increase, dont know?????????????????

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
Thats to bad Jim but we'll be looking for ya you've suprised us before and it won't be to far from ya this year

tractorman86

Reaction score
so pulling the inj. plugs wont buzz ya? for some reason i always thought they had a pretty strong current running to them

Jeep1947

Reaction score
Hey Lucky, check ebay I got a Snap-On MT2500 with cartridges for about $300.00 just be sure the cartridges go up to 1999. There are usually alot of them listed. Good luck and welcome to the Darkside.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Lucky, check ebay I got a Snap-On MT2500 with cartridges for about $300.00 just be sure the cartridges go up to 1999. There are usually alot of them listed. Good luck and welcome to the Darkside.

Thanks for the heads up, right now my money is real tight.