I bought a newer truck

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought this truck 3 weeks ago and it ran a little rough, had codes run twice and could not find the problem.
Well had the CPS replaced by Ford under the recall and they ran the codes again and they said no codes came up HHHHHHHHmmmmmmmmm. Motor sill running rough, ran across a friend that has worked on a lot of Powerstrokes and we took my truck to his shop and he scaned it again and #8 code came up so he did a buzz test and he got 7 to buzz. He didn't have time to tear in to it so I broght it home and took the vave cover off and started messing around. Started the truck and stared unpluging the injectors one at a time and when I fot to #6 nothing changed when I unpluged it. Called another friend and he brought me 5 injectors and I changed out the injector. Man what a difference that made, it is running on all 8 now and so smooth and a ton of power.
All I can say is WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

:love:

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck.... see the PSD isnt all that hard to work on.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you "unplug" an injector? Does that have to be done under the valve cover, and did you have to run it with it off? skool me. LOL

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Mel, under the valve covers you can unplug each injector. Take the VC off, start the engine and begin unplugging injectors until you find the culprit.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Dang, nice truck. I really need to get in on the newer truck purchases. But all the SD's that I see that fit my preferences are just out of my $$$ range. I'm still trying to talk my Chevy loving friend out of his 02 F250. I've driven the thing, and at 260K it's still running great. He had one tranny problem and he won't stop whining about how the truck is an utter POS Ford and how he's going straight down next week to trade it in on an LBZ Maxipad(His entire family is full of bowties). 2 years later, he still hasn't done it :rotflmao.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Mel, under the valve covers you can unplug each injector. Take the VC off, start the engine and begin unplugging injectors until you find the culprit.

You don't want to do that with it running, right?

ZZZZZzzizitttt!

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't want to do that with it running, right?

ZZZZZzzizitttt!

Mel, after taking off the valve cover and you plug the BIG wiring harness back in, I was working on the drivers side, you start the truck and then one at a time start unplugging the injectors. I unplugged one and if it made a difference I plug it back in. Go to the next one and so on and so forth until I found one that did not change the motor and that was the one I changed and my motor came alive.

Also I have learned that just because a injector is not firing you can change out the solenoid and not the whole injector, alot of times it is electrical and not the injector.

I didn't know you had a Powerstroke Mel.

Last edited:

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
Yep, even Yoda himself rolls with the dark side. I think it was an 02 Excursion, the Moose Wagon

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
dang! i paid almost twice that in '06 for mine and thought i got a deal. it had 125k miles on it. now it has 176k and i'm wondering if it needs injectors.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Welcome to the Darkside Jim. The PSD's aren't as scary as some make them out to believe. Sharp lookin' wide hip 'er

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JU57US

Members online