HE351VE Remote Mount Turbo

kent01

Reaction score
Sure, if you don't know what you're doing.
Just how many times have those "under 100k" odometer's rolled over?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Not a matter of not knowing what I was doing... More a matter of looking it over on a walk around.
Engine was clean and dry, a quick look underneath showed a clean chassis. I needed a truck, the price was right. It had a glow plug controller issue. But overall it looked pretty good. Now, I didn't have time to get on a creeper and do a full inspection on it.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can we all just agree to not like Kia's?? Lol talking about trucks nobody is really ever going to agree on everything, that's why none of us have identical trucks lol

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Can we all just agree to not like Kia's?? Lol talking about trucks nobody is really ever going to agree on everything, that's why none of us have identical trucks lol

Thank you!!!!!

I have an IDI and a 6.0 Excursion...... Guess which one I drive to work and put my family in.........

My 6.0

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 6.0 has never left my hanging. It has been a good truck and I keep up on the maintenance. THat is the key to a good running 6.0, maintenance! ( and leave it stock or do Head Studs )

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 6.0 left me stranded twice. First time was injectors ($1500 for a set) second time it was the sensor (I forget which now). Only thing that saved me the second time, I happened to have a tuner that could clear codes and allowed the truck to start and run fine. I dumped the 6.0. I felt like every time I drove it something may break and I had to baby it. It was like driving on glass. Awesome when working right, but that ended up being questionable. Plus parts are so expensive. This was just my experience, not saying a general statement about the 6.0.

My idi I bought for 1900 and put 5k into it. Omega moose, big quick spinning turbo, and other general repair items. It has never let me down. Sometimes starting with a turn of a key is more important.

Overall, the only thing keeping me from a new diesel are the price tags and the parts are just ungodly expensive. I refuse to be like my friend with a 6.7 and have a $600 a month payment. My state also makes even new diesels smog every 2 years. They visually inspect too so no dpf deletes. Germany just tried to ban diesel consumer engines. My idi doesn't even get tested. Maybe after my kids graduate college. Hell the 2018 xlt starts at 51k but new emissions are gonna make them a pain to own.

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My idi is great but guess which truck I take my wife out to dinner or on trips in? My 6.0 and it's only left me stranded about 0 times. It wouldn't be fair to compare them. Regarding power & comfort SD's are in a different league.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My idi caught fire due to my lack of deleting the go controller the wife likes it yells I need the og running boards set back on or set a grab handle she is only 5"6 lol as far as new trucks no cost of way off seen diesels at $25k or more nope I'll take my 4k idi

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true on comfort. HAHAHA it feels like I am in a Cadillac when I get into any newer car after my IDI!

My idi is great but guess which truck I take my wife out to dinner or on trips in? My 6.0 and it's only left me stranded about 0 times. It wouldn't be fair to compare them. Regarding power & comfort SD's are in a different league.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very true on comfort. HAHAHA it feels like I am in a Cadillac when I get into any newer car after my IDI!

Same problem, but I am the woosie, after my back surgery I cannot take a beating any more. This was my solution...

You must be registered for see images attach

2003 Yukon XL Denali, extreme comfort.

kent01

Reaction score
My 6.0 left me stranded twice. First time was injectors ($1500 for a set) second time it was the sensor (I forget which now). Only thing that saved me the second time, I happened to have a tuner that could clear codes and allowed the truck to start and run fine. I dumped the 6.0. I felt like every time I drove it something may break and I had to baby it. It was like driving on glass. Awesome when working right, but that ended up being questionable. Plus parts are so expensive. This was just my experience, not saying a general statement about the 6.0.

My idi I bought for 1900 and put 5k into it. Omega moose, big quick spinning turbo, and other general repair items. It has never let me down. Sometimes starting with a turn of a key is more important.

Overall, the only thing keeping me from a new diesel are the price tags and the parts are just ungodly expensive. I refuse to be like my friend with a 6.7 and have a $600 a month payment. My state also makes even new diesels smog every 2 years. They visually inspect too so no dpf deletes. Germany just tried to ban diesel consumer engines. My idi doesn't even get tested. Maybe after my kids graduate college. Hell the 2018 xlt starts at 51k but new emissions are gonna make them a pain to own.
I live in Vegas, all diesels have to smog on a Dyno... My Idi is stock and passes easily.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally love my old trucks. I can’t stand looking under the hood of all this new crap. My 83 does everything I want it to do, it’s cheap and easy to work on, and it just makes me smile. Half the time when I’m walking in to a store I turn around look at my truck and think “damn that’s ****”. When you park your 2017 next 65 other 2017 trucks it’s not unique or interesting, it’s just the norm. I’d rather drive my truck than a brand new Lambo :). I’d rather put 100k$ into my truck then spend 90k on a brand new one, idk to each their own I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk