Have you seen this diesel Bronco?

portlandareae2

Reaction score
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/5393137267.html

I have been thinking I want to stop commuting in my 1997 F350 manual truck. I would love to think I have the time to put a 4BT in an F150 but that is just not in the cards right now. The Bronco in the link is intriguing to me but not knowing enough about IDI's I am looking for some educated help.

What kind of mileage can I expect?
What things need to be done to make it run at its peak efficiency (not big power performance, smooth idle, nice running, responsive truck)
What do you figure it is worth?

I will let the conversation start there and I am sure will hopefully develop into more questions and information moving forward.

This thing has been for sale for awhile, not sure if anyone local has looked at it or knows more about it.

Thank you and have a Great Day!

Brian

portlandareae2

Reaction score
I guess that tells the story, guess I will keep looking for a diesel ranger or small japanese truck to commute in.

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Justin anderson checked it out in person... definitely a swap and not a very good one. Body is rough... etc.. etc..

Not worth the coin.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Mel's son did a 7.3 swap on a 2 x 4 flair side pickup. He was claiming low 30 ' s with a N/A engine and a zf5 if I recall correctly.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I would say that would be the top end of milage.

Depending on the wieght of the vehicle, driving style and health of the engine/fuel system, your looking at anything between those low 30's to low teens.