Has the forum been hacked....

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
As I'm reading others posts I see a word that hyprelinked and its that blue color. So I have left clicked on them and I'm taken to some far away place... Whats going on here... I will be notifying the moderaters too...

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you see that everywhere here, anyones posts, run some scans on your computer... Thats advertising, some websites do it normally but not obn as far as i know - meaning your pc is infected

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ok... The word confirmed in towcats post is hyperlinked to something free if I answer one question... Go figure... Too much ****... I wish it was that simple to fix...:eek: I have way too many types of virus protection on my computer. It runs a scan once a week and nothing is ever found to be destroyed... Lucky me I guess...

medic265

Reaction score
Ok... The word confirmed in towcats post is hyperlinked to something free if I answer one question... Go figure... Too much ****... I wish it was that simple to fix...:eek: I have way too many types of virus protection on my computer. It runs a scan once a week and nothing is ever found to be destroyed... Lucky me I guess...

It's probably not necessarily a virus, but more like spyware or adware. Do you run anything like Spybot Search and Destroy? Might want to try one if you don't. I run Spybot S&D and it's pretty good. Plus it's free which I like. If you don't have it just Google it.....

Those spyware are sometimes very hard to get rid of. Sometimes you will have to try a bunch of times to get rid of them. I also use a program called Reg-Vac. It's a registry cleaner. I run it after spybot if spybot finds anything.

Good Luck
Greg

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh Oh, Gary's getting computer savvay now, using that .25 cent word Hyperlink LOL. Next thing ya know he'll be using Spellcheck, :eek: then HTML :dunno Then who knows what. :love: :thumbsup:

Bet it was that carwash, they run a windshield repair/replacement business on the side.:rotflmao

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Bill... Your breaking my back....;Really:rolleyes:LOL So far today I have found 6 words hyperlinked in that many posts. In one of Hsuttons posts the word turbo is hyperlinked but down a few posting its not. I have several virus protections on my system. I went over them with towcat last nite when I found this mess. So I have listed those issues here thru the reporting tab found in the upper left hand corner of any post...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can ignore my PM Gary. That was my suspicion also.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Norton and Mcafee arent very good. Comcast bundles it but that doesnt make it good nor does them costing money...

Some free ones from memory-avg, spybot s&d, avira, nod32, malwarebytes

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
We use CC cleaner and Malwarebytes here at work. Both are freeware and do a decent job at cleaning up junk.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I have way too many types of virus protection on my computer.

if you are running to many anti-virus programs they can get all confused and cancel each other out and then you are essentially running un-protected. stick to just one type of firewall program and one type of anti-virus program, run scan regularly and you should be golden.

gandalf

Reaction score
I would disagree a bit with the above post.

Yes, run only one firewall.

Yes, run only one ACTIVE antivirus and one malware and spyware program. However, it's perfectly alright to have additional protection programs which run only on demand, only when you initiate a scan of your system. No single antimalware/antispyware program will catch all the bad guys.

I gave up on Norton a number of years ago when it became BLOATware. It's too large and takes up to many system resources. The three primary protection programs I use are, AVAST antivirus (always active), Malwarebytes antimalware (Demand only), and Superantispyware (Demand only). All are free. My system is pretty clean.