Has the forum been hacked....

Wyreth

Certifiable Noob
Reaction score
I second avast as the active runtime shield. It's been on my system for over four years not, I have yet to actually have something get past it.

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
I would disagree a bit with the above post.

Yes, run only one firewall.

Yes, run only one ACTIVE antivirus and one malware and spyware program. However, it's perfectly alright to have additional protection programs which run only on demand, only when you initiate a scan of your system. No single antimalware/antispyware program will catch all the bad guys.

I gave up on Norton a number of years ago when it became BLOATware. It's too large and takes up to many system resources. The three primary protection programs I use are, AVAST antivirus (always active), Malwarebytes antimalware (Demand only), and Superantispyware (Demand only). All are free. My system is pretty clean.

that's what i was getting at. run only 1 ACTIVE program at a time.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Gotta agree. One major, always-on security program, and a couple on-demands, have always worked for me.

As for Norton programs, they seem to have gone south since Peter Norton's pic was no longer on the front of the box.....

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I read this thread one more time, I'm gonna be HYPER There that should do it. Grabbed my big RED erasure, and erased the big BLUE line above that says Quick Reply. :sly LOL

ih8minimumwage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run Spybot S&D on a regular basis. If something gets deep in there and is making changes to your computer's registry, DL and run ComboFIx, Tdsskiller, and MGTools. Good as new!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online