gonna get me one.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
an injector that is dumping too much fuel at idle will clear out above 1500 RPM.in order too feel it while driving you gotta feel for it.my skip is hard to feel while driving.if it wasnt dumping enough fuel it will skip throughout the whole rpm range.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
93turbo_animal said:
:confused: I guess I'll just drive it :D

you can if you want but you may end up with one of these

Attachments

• truck 330715.jpg
    truck 330715.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 4
  • truck 330728.jpg
    truck 330728.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 4

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Damn that's the color I WANTED!!!!! That's a sharp truck Rob. I'd call to make sure it's still on the lot. I called about many I found on AutoTrader and they were all gone by the time I called. Good Luck.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
blue interior isn't my first choice but the outside sho do look purdy :Sly ;Sweet

i called them today and asked for some pics of the underside. haven't got any pics yet, but they still had the truck as of today. i wanted to check out the cab corners before i drove to Wisconsin. but it's a definite maybe.

the saleguy gave me the spiel about all their trucks are thoroughly inspected when i asked him about the 2300 rpm miss. i guess it's a gamble buying used but i'm starting to like the blue one. i could get used to the blue dash. :D

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
94f450sd said:
you can if you want but you may end up with one of these
:rolleyes: well my buddys truck has done it since he bought it and it had 130k on it then and he has 250k on it now and it still acts the same way as when he bought it but it runs strong and he drives it like he stole it so I'm not worried about it anyhow and like I said it only does it when reved in nuetral so no big deal I don't sit there and rev it ...............that much :Sly

Hey rob nice looking truck but I would look for rust around the fender wells it seems to start there first before the cab corners cookoo

Ggg

Reaction score
I can't speak from first hand experience but I have heard good things about that dealer, and that is not easy for me to say. I would most certainly look for a F350 over the 250 because of the TTB front axle. They can be real expensive doing ball joints etc. My 96 w/280k never had any miss while reving it up, I think it was wise to pass on that one truck. I went through 5 auto trannies 4 of them were local rebuilders the 5th I did. If you pay less then $3200 for a rebuild then you are just getting a soft parts reman, no upgrades, meaning it isn't worth a darn. I agree with the Trans-Go tugger HD2 kit, the 4r100 t/c is a upgraded converter and it is cheap. Suncoast or a Precession torque converters Stallion model are the only aftermarket ones I would use but they are around a grand+. 97 was the best year for a E4OD it had all the factory upgrades. By cavitation are you talking about the coolant? and the cylinder walls flexing causing air bubbles thus you need to add the SCA like in the IDI engines? If so the answer is yes you do need to watch the SCA just like in the IDI engines, but it is not as much of a problem as in the IDI's. There are quite a few real cheap mods that can be done that will really wake up these OBS engines. Take your time and wait for the right truck. That last one looks nice, ask if anybody lives near Fondulac and see if they will go and take a look at it for you.

Last edited:

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i already have a TTB and i agree the solid axle is better. but i have rebuilt my current ttb with all new ball jionts and u-joints, poly bushings, and new lockouts with grease fittings for around $500 in parts. so i'm not too scared of the TTB if i like the rest of the truck. the trouble with 350s is i havent been able to find an extended cab SRW 350. i dont want a DRW and dont need a crew cab.

the blue truck sold today but i still may drive up there and check them out. they have the best selection i have found yet and i have been looking hard.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
what about the '95s? i have a lead on a 95 with a 5 speed and a super chip. 4 inch exhaust.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
69oiler said:
the trouble with 350s is i havent been able to find an extended cab SRW 350. i dont want a DRW and dont need a crew cab.
Rob, FWIW, I would actually suggest the crew cab. It's not that much longer than the extended cab, as far as hindering maneuverability goes (and an extended cab's turning radius is so horrible compared to a regular cab that IMHO you may as well go all the way), and IMHO the extra interior room in a crew cab is worth it.

Just my $.02...oh yeah, BTW, *SWONK* :D