gonna get me one.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
1997 F250 XL extended cab PSD automatic 4x4 with 118000 miles. gonna look at it in person on Monday. wifey went to check it out for me (i had to work) and put down a deposit to hold it for me. out the door price of $11680. guess i have a lot to learn now. ;Sweet

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well well well............................ Lookee what we have here!!! Welcome to the electronics age, please feel free to ask questions to your hearts content. We will all help you in any way we can. Congrats on the upcoming purchase.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
aint you one of those how do they say it? "IDI till i die " guys.now how big is your wallet and how fast you wanna go?

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i am an IDI guy but no i am not IDI till i die. my '86 served me well, even spoiled me a bit, but i gotta upgrade and thin the fleet. newest IDI i can get is 12 years old already. good luck getting a loan on a truck that old.

my wallet's not that big but a stock PSD will feel like a rocket compared to a stock NA IDI.

i imagine the hardcore IDI guys will swonk me but i can deal with it. if you new the true history of the IDI mafia you'd know i have a soft spot for all diesels which may have made my opinions unpopular to some.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Congrats Rob. Might be about time for an "I used to be and IDI guy Weekend/OilBurners" get together.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i posted a couple pics in my gallery under Rob and Wendy's Ford trucks. check out the cab corner form underneath, it's a little rustier than i'd like. all in all the truck is very solid though. there is no hitch on it, so i guees it's never been worked too hard. small drip from rear main seal area. is there a way to add cruise control?

these trucks are getting hard to find in my price range without a million miles on them. i'm leaning toward buying it even if i have to have some body work done. the 5 grand i save over other lower miles trucks will go a long way to fix this one up. i'm still gonna sleep on it though.

pics

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
oh yeah does the 4x4 off road have a limited slip?

kbb shows it at $12,180 retail for excellent condition. asking price is $10,900 plus tax. still have to drive it.

Last edited:

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it should have cruise.you may want to pull the horn pad and see if there is a spare plugin in side the steering wheel center.alot of time the horn pad gets punched in and replaced with a non cruise horn pad.but if it doesnt have cruise it shouldnt be too difficult to add.steering column and PCM from a cruise truck should be all you need since it is controlled by the PCM as a PSD truck has no throttle cable

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
69oiler said:
oh yeah does the 4x4 off road have a limited slip?

kbb shows it at $12,180 retail for excellent condition. asking price is $10,900 plus tax. still have to drive it.

i would think it does have limited slip but get the axle code off the door tag and we could find out for you.

10,900 sounds like a decent price,its a good lookin truck

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
I like the second one better myself. A few more miles, but a lot more options. The split seat is nice when shorter people drive it (I know... no one else will drive it) Custom front bumper is cool too. TEh rust onthe other one would have me concerned. I know mine looked like that about too years ago and it spread very quickly. Got to love the rust belt.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I like the second one as well...

As Gary said once the rust is there it spreads quickly and it's a relentless cancer.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
didn't buy either of them :mad:

BOTH of them had high rpm misses. the loaded one looked like it had been run thru a mud bog in the woods, scratched up with dried mud caked on the bottom and undercoating sprayed OVER the mud. cookoo tailgate was smashed, interior reeked of cigs.

the XL had the miss and the rust.

the search continues.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
well at least your being smart about it and checking them out fully... Don't worry you'll find the right one it just will take some time.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Rob watch for a dead spot around 2200 RPMs when warm. It should freely rev to 3300 with no stumbles. If injectors have issues the engine will stumble around 2200. Take your time the right truck is out there. Trust me.