Getting a RSK kit. What DON'T I need??

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
D60 Swap

Hey guys, I am getting a 3inch RSK kit for my truck and am wonder what I absolutely need?

They recommend longer shocks, but I just got new KBY's and they are pretty good. Do I absolutely NEED longer shocks?

How about the drop pitman arm, can I get away without that?

Thanks

Last edited:

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I would like to do this in the future too.

When I put my Dana 60 under mine, I also used F350 springs and an add a leaf. The F250 Idler arm would not work with the added height. I had the whole F350 so I just used the F350 Pitman arm and all was good. It's been on there for the duration (about 4-5 years). You might be able to find one on an F350 to get the drop you need. Going from memory, the ends are the same (check that though, my memory isn't perfect anymore)!

Do you already have a Dana 60 under yours? I believe the RSK's are for solid axles. I researched all of that once, but again...my memory isn't what it used to be.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to my reading, I need a drop bracket. Anyone know what one to get?

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just talked to the sky guy, he said that I won't need the drop pitman arm or shocks. He recommend the shocks but said they aren't a must. I hope I can live with it.:D

82F100SWB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Umm, Sky does list it for the F250, and very clearly state:
F-250 will require minor front frame horn modification to fit on some vehicles. If you are using a TTB front axle you will need to fab or buy drop brackets. If your are retaining the TTB axle, Rough Country can supply you with the needed drop brackets.

No reason it won't work with drop brackets like any other TTB lift will. Getting a proper spring rate could be fun though.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
That is funny. They never had that in their description before. And I wonder why they think that the frame horn may need to be modified, they are the same as a F350

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I was under the same impression Brad...I even talked to them a year or so ago and they questioned me installing one on an F250. I explained I had a D60 and they were fine with that. Must have added to their line and description.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy I talked to said he does not recommend it, but it will work. Gonna be like 500$ though.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
If you go to Rough Country and download the PDF install manual for the 4" full lift and go down to the parts list it will have a part number for the 2 drop brackets. (Different numbers). I took those part numbers and called my local 4wheelparts and they ordered them for me direct from RC. Had them in about 4 days and it was like 60?????$ each I think? (i only needed to replace 1) Its been a while

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the D60, pics coming, has dually adapters though(97 f350, 460). How can I make it work with my SRW?