Getting a RSK kit. What DON'T I need??

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I put precision in mine about 5 years ago and they get a workout...They are actually what is running in all my driveshafts. I also sold them for years and had very good luck with them, so personally, I wouldn't hesitate to run them. Then again, I'm one to prefer many aftermarket parts to OEM. Still running a Stant Thermostat too, it's been in there for quite sometime, longer than the ujoints! lol

Oh, and my truck isn't a pavement pounder, it's seen mud as much as it's seen pavement. I had to replace the axle seals in the Dana 60 last time as they let water in the diff...also did a ring and pinion change and all bearings in the differential.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
I have about 60k on a set of Precision joints. No problem yet.

I gave up on Spicer when they started importing their parts.;Pissed

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Any One have a picture of the track bar mount on the frame?

2. Also a pic of the stabilizer bar mounts on the frame?

3. The axle shafts are all the same length right? I don't need need to swap the D50 ends?

thanks again! I will post probably a whole write up with pics once I'm done with the whole swap.

jhnlennon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have about 60k on a set of Precision joints. No problem yet.

I gave up on Spicer when they started importing their parts.;Pissed

And precision doesnt?:dunno

Ive seen many a cheap parts store joint fail, especially when you start running them at more angle such as when adding a lift kit. Thats when you really see how long a cheap joint lasts. Any driveline shop can get you spicer joints for roughly the same price as a parts store joint.

And get the greasable joint, they will outlast any non-greasable 2-1 if greased regularily. The only time I would use a lifetime grease joint IS IF i absolutely needed the strengh of a solid center joint....

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
1. Any One have a picture of the track bar mount on the frame?

2. Also a pic of the stabilizer bar mounts on the frame?

3. The axle shafts are all the same length right? I don't need need to swap the D50 ends?

thanks again! I will post probably a whole write up with pics once I'm done with the whole swap.

1.Looking at the track bar from the front
You must be registered for see images attach

2. NO stabilizer mount goes on the frame.
The fixed end goes on the passenger side u-bolt plate(there is an "eye") the movable end goes on the Long tie rod.

3. outer axle stubs are the same length, just swap the dually hubs for your d50 ones

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brad,

Just wondering, are the u joints always kinda tuff on these, pretty hard getting the clips in too?

Did the ball joints and u-joints today. Looking to install on saturday or next week.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck getting the frame mounts. No longer available from ford and the end links are around $15 a piece from ford
2. NO stabilizer mount goes on the frame.
The fixed end goes on the passenger side u-bolt plate(there is an "eye") the movable end goes on the Long tie rod.

What do you mean? I am talking about the mounts that the stabilizer bar link goes to.

Axle u-joints, NO
Driveshaft u-joints, YES

I hope i wasn't doing something wrong, It was really hard to fit 2 of the clips in the gap provided. Even now I'm not sure if its completely in.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
What do you mean? I am talking about the mounts that the stabilizer bar link goes to.

Are you taking about the SWAY bar?
In the pic you can see the end link going to it. 3 rivets hold each one to the frame
You must be registered for see images attach