Getting a RSK kit. What DON'T I need??

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Last edited:

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about the other side of the leaf(what are those called)? The one that mounts to the side of the frame?

Also, do I need a f350 pitman arm?

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
What about the other side of the leaf(what are those called)? The one that mounts to the side of the frame?

Also, do I need a f350 pitman arm?

Spring hanger? the one that is riveted right next to the front cab mount? You can only get them used. Ford no longer sells them and NO ONE else makes them.

F250 and f350 pitman are are the same

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
My bad. I forgot all about you doing the RSK:frustrate Those shackles will do you no good.

As for the spring hanger. If you can find a F-superduty(87-97) they have cast spring hangers and the BOlt on

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not doing a rsk, I was going to.... but I'm just doing the D60 swap for now.

I wish I could change the thread title.....

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
F250 and f350 pitman are are the same

Is that something on the later models? I know size wise they were the same on the 85 I stole the axle from and my 87 (spline and drag link holes were identical), but the 85 had drop made into it because the positive arches springs. I used the 87 as it was already on the truck and it had issues, went to the 85 with drop and all is well. I realize this is a newer truck, just wondering so if I need one in the future...parts for the 80's models are getting harder and harder to come by.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Is that something on the later models? I know size wise they were the same on the 85 I stole the axle from and my 87 (spline and drag link holes were identical), but the 85 had drop made into it because the positive arches springs. I used the 87 as it was already on the truck and it had issues, went to the 85 with drop and all is well. I realize this is a newer truck, just wondering so if I need one in the future...parts for the 80's models are getting harder and harder to come by.

Nope. 80-97 F250 and f350 are the same pitman arm. Actuall the 80-97 F150,F250, F350, Bronco, ranger,bronco II all use the same steering box.

Over kill on a ranger and underbuilt on a f350-cuss

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Damn, thats a common box. It is also used on Town Cars. The internals on the car models are clocked opposite of our so if you bolt one up you will have to turn left to go right and vice versa. Ask me how I know.......;Really

Pep Boys sold me the wrong box when I was about 20 yrs old for my '89 F150 4x4. Nobody believed me when I said turning the wheel left steers the truck right.:eek::rotflmao Pep Boys ran the part numbers and made good on their error. Would be one heck of a joke to play on someone.;Really:LOL