Fuel mileage

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just filled my truck back up and I got 14.37 mpg but that is babying it around and lugging it up prob 20couple miles of hills and that's with the slow odo bc of my 33's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black dawg

Reaction score
nothing wrong with that if it is not highway miles. I had a truck identical to yours a few years ago, seems like it was pretty much always 15mpg, and then 16 after the t-19 swap.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well acculty prob 40 miles, I had 134.4 miles on it and it took 9.35 gallons to fill it back up but most I that driving was on back roads up and down hills lugging it down at like 1,800 rpms. But I did here keeping it under 2500 rpms gets better mpg

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what kinda mpg increase will I see with a turbo? I found a factory take off kit for 250 bucks complete kit only missing the engine harness to move the glow plug controller

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Depends if you can keep your foot out of it when you install it. Lol
Can't give you an exact number, but it will increase.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Black dawg

Reaction score
Will it increase by like 4-5 mpg?

no...I have seen an increase while towing heavy (15000+), but only if I drive nice. We are talking like 1-2mpg at that weight. but on the other hand, before I added the turbo, the lowest I could possibly get was 9mpg, after adding the turbo and intercooler, I have seen as low as 7mpg. This was a kinda heavy loadLOL

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It's all in how you drive.
IMO, if you drive like a grandpa, you probably won't see any gains in mileage.
But if you get on it a lot to where you're getting into the boost, you may see a difference.
Black dog, how far did you turn up your pump?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My pump is turned all the way up and driving like a grandpa I can get about 15 but I see all these guys getting 18-20 mpg with IDI's most of them turbo'd

Black dawg

Reaction score
My pump is turned all the way up and driving like a grandpa I can get about 15 but I see all these guys getting 18-20 mpg with IDI's most of them turbo'd

I used to see those numbers when not turboed, on long trips. Since the turbo I have seen 20 one time and this was driving through both tanks non stop and at under 65.

There are lots of idi trucks around here, the very best will average 16 (with honest, accurate calculations) most are 14 ish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online

No members online now.