Fuel mileage

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Even the 94.5 psd had 3.5.
Basically you can order the "cat back" exhaust kit for one and make it fit.
Some here used the diamond eye kit.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest it smokes like a tuned PSD good bit of smoke but not too much lol. I would turn it back down some but then I would be sacrificing power bc I don't pull a lot but when I do it's heavy and I need all the power I can get. I would adjust the timing but I don't have the tools lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smoke is wasted fuel, not power. If I were you I would use your highly calibrated butt-o-meter and slowly back the fuel screw out until you have perceptible loss of power, then turn it back up a hair. The difference between grey haze under load and black smoke is just fuel economy and egts.
Once you have the screw backed out, then use the same meter to slowly advance the timing. Too far advanced will yield smoke and lower power.

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before my truck went to heaven(just posted it) i was getting redneckaggie mpgs, whats in my detials is what im running with exeption of facet pull type pump. i had a 30 gal in bed tank that made it to where i can run anything no matter the thickness, unloaded 20-21 but i drove like grandpa max speed 55 and old hondas where beating me off the line where the driver weighed 300 lbs, but i found the rebel flag flys beautiful (god i miss texas) at slow speed so i dont mind, but loaded it went down quite a bit but not as much as some since being already heavy and non turbo my EGT liked to climbed so my brake and clutch pedel had more action then the skinny one did. my buddy had a similiar problem then you did prepowerstroke. i changed his oil, rear diff, transmission flush, we did a weekend turn around and took his intake to my shop and did my magic to that, he is straight piped all the way , and his IP was turned up so we turned it down tell he stopped burping coal as well, now he is high teens. and he was 4.10's

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what i have e4od with 4:10's and i know it's due for a oil change which will get done Tuesday but hey what oil you guys recommend? Was gonna go rotella 15w40 with 2qts of Lucas but I was thinking about runing 20w50 with 2qts of Lucas

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for oil i use rotella synthetic blend. im not a big fan of additives for anything involving gears. unless you have the time to sample bottle everything that are clear so you can visually see how it mixes and then touch it and rub it on your fingers. for additives, 2-stroke, atf, clean wmo will do better then additives and there safe and tested by everyone on this forum. once we figure out your mystery (btw have you turned down your IP yet?) start running some amsoil. stuff great. another thing you can do is aircleaner and if you have a cat or muffler make sure those airnt clogged if you have a cat in that case. restricion or air entering and exiting will rob your mpgs as well.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay and no I haven't turn it down yet and I was planning on a new air filter, hopfully I'll have the stuff to redoy exhaust in a couple days it's getting 3.5" straight pipe all the way back to factory location. Also guys I started a compressions test on it not to long ago I got all 4 drivers side Cyilnders befor my adapter died but the the highest I seen was about 380 rest were around 360-370.

jordanjohngse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have no idea what the correct pressure should be honestly. but do you know how to turn down your IP or anyone told you? im kinda banking thats the mystery solver becuase i remember my pump was maxed and i turned it down a couple quarter turns and magic happened

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7