Fuel mileage

Black dawg

Reaction score
Well that's why. Lol

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

yep...never see 1200deg though, and I couldnt imagine pulling some of these loads with less pump. Over 100k of this abuse and still pulling hard, kinda worn out though. (just under 370k)

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well my injectors only have about 6,500 miles on then but I have no idea of the shape of the ip ik it's warn the guy I bought the truck from said he had the pump off at one time so idk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys what kinda mpg increase will I see with a turbo? I found a factory take off kit for 250 bucks complete kit only missing the engine harness to move the glow plug controller

When the aftermarket turbos came out they were advertizing 10-15% mileage increase. I didn't find a recent post, what are you getting now?

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting about 15 mpg now if I drive like an old man if I run it hard or WOT to get up to speed all the time I'm seeing like 9-10 mpg that's with a maxed out fuel screw in the injection pump and no turbo

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting about 15 mpg now if I drive like an old man if I run it hard or WOT to get up to speed all the time I'm seeing like 9-10 mpg that's with a maxed out fuel screw in the injection pump and no turbo

My apologies if this has already been suggested, but backing out the fuel screw and playing with the timing seems like your easy solution. If you are maxed out you are probably just making smoke from a lot of that extra fuel.

prepowerstroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To be honest it smokes like a tuned PSD good bit of smoke but not too much lol. I would turn it back down some but then I would be sacrificing power bc I don't pull a lot but when I do it's heavy and I need all the power I can get. I would adjust the timing but I don't have the tools lol