Front cover removal

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be doing it if the bed didn't come with the LED lights , you're right its counter productive. However the LED lights do look awesome!

edit: @snicklas couldn't I just keep the third brake light incandescent to keep the resistance in that circuit proper?

I've never done the conversion, but I've heard the 3rd brake light might work. @trackspeeder may know what will keep it happy.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive asked already, do you have all the wiring and computer installed in the truck from the donor? Without it the trans will operate in its default form, and it wont have a way to talk to any of the circuits it needs to read like the brake signal.

Jonathanbwata

Reaction score
Will my e4od transfer case work on a zf5 from a 1989 f super duty 4x4 it doesn't come with its original transfer case I can get this rebuilt zf5 for 100 bucks guy is trying to get rid of it

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yes. They both have the same bolt pattern on the back. There may (I have no idea) some difference in the lengths of the two transmissions so you may have to find/get/buy different driveshafts.

Jonathanbwata

Reaction score
Ok sweet getting a whole done right truck for 200 bucks so I'm exited that the tcase with bolt up to it thanks very much.....**** the e4od bull **** electronic od gonna take my gun to it for fun lol

Jonathanbwata

Reaction score
Well it was the tps not allowing it to shift in overdrive a 95 dollar fix at local shop.... now the truck has delay shift and my steel tranny lines have some rubber hoses on them like someone cut the steel lines in diffrent spots....I can't put anymore atf in it without the rubber lines busting....I thought they are low pressure lines..I'm guessing I have a clog? So since it doesn't have full amount of atf it has a hard shift delay staying revd up for like 7 10 seconds until it shift

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Staff online