Ferret 765 alternative?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was wrong again. I was looking at the OTC 3398 fuel injection pulse tester at the top of the page and thought it was the Gunson 77089. I'm not much of an Amazon shopper. I should have scrolled down a little bit. I tried to help someone and I get everything wrong.:dunno

No worries friend, the important part was that you provided a viable option to the unavailable ferret.thanks for the help :thumbsup:

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of the tinytach devices, and I hope to hook it up and test it soon. It appears to be similar to the Kent-Moore device. I got mine from an ebay vendor who is selling them as military surplus, or something like that.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update on my timing equipment: I received the snap on Mt 275 and I purchased a Innova 3568 timing light. I have about a hundred and seventy-five bucks invested. I haven't been able to do any work on Diego or any of my normal income-generating gig due to infected bursitis on my dominant side elbow, it flared up on the last leg of my trip out west to pick up the truck . On the way home from Florida to New York . It really sucks... However, I did manage to hook up the Snap-on pulse adapter and the timing light on the new truck just to confirm that the used Snap-on tool was functional, it worked like a charm! Thanks for the help guys, this place rocks. In regards to my elbow they've got me on powerful antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, which at this point don't seem to be doing much other than making me feel sick and miserable... But hopefully, in a week or two I'll be able to go back to limited duty, get the Diego ready for sale and work to make some money. Wish me luck!

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks friend! The Gunson is coming up at $250 plus on Amazon...
You must be registered for see images attach

I bought one of those Gunson's off ebay. Little cheaper (like $200) but it shipped out of the UK. Got it in AZ within 2 weeks. Since I am also a cheap F I got one of the harbor freight timing lights with a 25% off coupon this weekend - normally $29.99. All in that put me at $237.50 with shipping and taxes. Replacing my MT480 since I got tired of removing a glow plug just to verify timing (BTW anyone interested? I've got all the probes, 3 actually etc...and can take videos of it working).

It matched the liming I set it at using a buddy's Ferret (and Ferret timing light). Actually the Gunson seems sturdy. I can't say that for the HF timing light.

papadiesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any reports how well the Gunson unit works yet? Interested, or a member that would rent ferret style and I pay shipping here and back, live near Des Moines, IA saw no one near hear in registry, thanks!!