Introducing TOTAL MOOSEPOWER!

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Wow that's a nice color. Little lighter than I like in thinking cummins beige for my 86.
Is this a 6.9 engine?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a 7.0L. We call it the Moose Mover 300. I want to thank tnthielen for his exuberance and encouragement to get this project started and run through to completion. I have long felt that a turn-key fresh engine with all the goodies was a needed item, and that individuals who would buy a new truck if they didn't like their old one so much (and have a hatred for a serious mortgage payment and DEF), deserve an option to refresh what they have, and drive with confidence.

During the course of this project, I discovered how hard it is to find good 6.9 heads. We ended up using new ones on this, which pushed the price up past where I wanted it to land, but the motor is much younger as a result. We plan on continuing development of turn-key engines, and seeing if the market presents an opportunity to the business. In the mean time, we are watching this project with much enthusiasm!

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
What's the price out the door? Might be cheaper to go this route than to rebuild my 6.9

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it's the added plus of not having to find a shop to do/mess up/ the machine work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Added to your comment. Something about knowing it is right.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a conversation with my builder about this issue, and based on their experience, 6.9 rockers were re-installed. They feel that while the 7.3 design may be an improvement, the lack of wear on the 6.9 rockers that were in it, showed better life expectancy then most of the 7.3 rockers they see. Consequently, it is sporting 6.9 rockers. 7.3's have had historically more valve train issues then 6.9's have for whatever reason, and we wanted to keep it that way on this model.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
You know, it does seem most engines with chuff issues from the valve train have been 7.3's. May be on to something there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
I had a conversation with my builder about this issue, and based on their experience, 6.9 rockers were re-installed. They feel that while the 7.3 design may be an improvement, the lack of wear on the 6.9 rockers that were in it, showed better life expectancy then most of the 7.3 rockers they see. Consequently, it is sporting 6.9 rockers. 7.3's have had historically more valve train issues then 6.9's have for whatever reason, and we wanted to keep it that way on this model.
Yeah until they drop a valve. I got a set of 6.9 rockers I'll send along with my pump cores. Replaced with 7.3 Rockers.

tnthielen

Reaction score
Added to your comment. Something about knowing it is right.

This hits the nail on the head. I consider this to be one of those "forever" engines that was built right, timed right, and will perform right! Since I was after a turn-key, drop-in solution, this completely ticks all my checkboxes. It's not the cheapest route, but then, when you look at all of the goodies that went into the build, I feel it is a fair price, and I get to work with great people!

Once again, a huge thanks to Mel and Suzi! They are the best!

-Todd

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. This is a new venture for us obviously. We are hoping to bring more of the work in-house to lessen the price, but obviously I'm not going to sacrifice quality in the process. One of the challenges with this program is the cost of shipping. $500 or so to ship engines around the country does add up. Consequently, cores are going to be an issue. Still not sure the best way to solve that, but we are keeping an open mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online