Factory turbo rebuild kit?

jetfly12

Reaction score
Hello,
Before posting this, I tried searching and searching through threads and the tech section for more info. I have the stock 94 7.3 IDI that came with the factory garrett tubro. The turbine has some play, but its minimal and truck has 250k miles, i think its time for a rebuild. As i can find nothing, I want to know where I can buy the correct rebuild kit for this factory turbo. Thank you

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sent mine to @typ4 he is one of the sites experts on this exact turbo.
he even carrys the updated slip fit up pipe castings to replace the sloppy stock units.

he built my 093 ATS, and im super happy with it.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Best idea is send it to typ4 aka Russ or Mel at Conestoga Diesel in Pa. Reasons why I suggest this is the REQUIRED balancing of the rotating parts. The spin upwards of 120,000 to 150,000 rpm.. At 120,000 rpm thats 2000 rpm per SECOND... Being a 1/4 gram out of balance ruins things fast... Both of the persons I mentioned do fine better than top quality work. These are not difficult to take apart if all the bolts come out easily. Russ has mentioned a few times the mess he gets after someone has tried to fix their own. In the end its much more costly because of the broken pieces.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online