extra cooling.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea popping out the freeze plugs I get, drilling said block, now is this done useing a 6.9 gasket as a template?

I used the gasket as a template. I guess it doesn't really matter how you do it but I drilled the same size hole in the head/block as the gasket.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking on my drive to work this morning, I just did the ranger vacuum control a.c. mod with the heater core bypass. I know it would be interesting to plumb but I wonder if we could use one or two of these and trigger the flow of coolant to go to a second "heater core" or smaller radiator under the frame somewhere for extra cooling. I know that when I was testing the thing to make sure it worked today while I had it on max a.c. my temp was around 195 and when I switched the hvac to just vent and the "cooler" coolant that was sitting in the heater core flowed into the block my temps temporarily went down 10 degrees for a bit.

Just a random idea. I don't know that you could accomplish this with the specific ranger vacuum line I'm referring to but I'm sure there's one out there that could be used.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I was gonna do any external/secondary cooling I would do an oil cooler with a bypass filter inline

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And That in and of itself I think would do wonders for dropping coolant temps, and extending oil service intervals.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has helped me a lot, I installed a new fan clutch, hood vents as well as a huge engine oil cooler that runs off one of the 1/8npt ports and returns to the valve cover. The oil cooler is 15x30 so it's huge but it's amazing how much heat comes out the hood vents
You must be registered for see images attach