extra cooling.

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by IDIoit, Oct 9, 2017.

1. no mufflers

no mufflers Supporting Member Supporting Member

I used the gasket as a template. I guess it doesn't really matter how you do it but I drilled the same size hole in the head/block as the gasket.

2. BrianX128

BrianX128 Supporting Member Supporting Member

I was just thinking on my drive to work this morning, I just did the ranger vacuum control a.c. mod with the heater core bypass. I know it would be interesting to plumb but I wonder if we could use one or two of these and trigger the flow of coolant to go to a second "heater core" or smaller radiator under the frame somewhere for extra cooling. I know that when I was testing the thing to make sure it worked today while I had it on max a.c. my temp was around 195 and when I switched the hvac to just vent and the "cooler" coolant that was sitting in the heater core flowed into the block my temps temporarily went down 10 degrees for a bit.

Just a random idea. I don't know that you could accomplish this with the specific ranger vacuum line I'm referring to but I'm sure there's one out there that could be used.

3. Thewespaul

Thewespaul Supporting Member Supporting Member

If I was gonna do any external/secondary cooling I would do an oil cooler with a bypass filter inline

4. 03wr250f

03wr250f Full Access Member

And That in and of itself I think would do wonders for dropping coolant temps, and extending oil service intervals.