Ebay Find solution to SMF cost!

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
Autozone has their rewards card. If you're able to stagger your visits for non-critical items (like buying oil, silicone, atf, etc), you can get free money out of it pretty fast and easily. They're parts-quality has been good as of late too.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just tracked mine on the ups website, it will be at my door tomarrow. the truck comes thru here about noon, i'l try to wait up for it and get pics..

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
282.00 is a decent amount but won't break the bank. I really hope its decent and lasts a while. Its all name brand parts from what I have been told and is the same kit sold by a few different places under different part numbers. But if I am wrong I will man up to it! I will be the guinea pig for this and if it fails i will make sure no one else wastes money on it. I plan on taking good pictures.

Snapon,

Can you maybe take pictures of the kit you bought and upload them? Maybe this thread could serve a purpose for future members who are considering smf kits. I know there is a huge lack of pictures of these kits out there and I got frustrated trying to find them.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got mine... says made in china on the flywheel and clutch disc. the disc looks pretty crappy, something id put behind a small block truck if i was broke and just take it easy.... never the less im gonna use it, figure it will last as long as it does and by then the truck will be finished up and then a i can afford the valair i wanted to buy..

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its that bad huh? At least you got yours. My ups tracking number says to call them! IDK but they are now closed so I will find out tomorrow.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya it aint very nice, i'm gonna run it thou.. but my money woulda been much better spent just going to the purchase of a valair setup like i wanted..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well since yours isnt going to show up today, here's pics of mine..

You must be registered for see images attach

Not very smooth, kinda rough but ive never bought a new flywheel before maybe they are like that new??

Clutch is just cheesy, and chinese:mad:

Kinda hard to get pics of them, but there are a few small nicks in the face of the flywheel..

About as impressive as i thought it would be, not impressive!

New disc by old disc, my factory setup was 12" this is 12.5" but look how much less surface area??

The install tool it came with, think it needs some glueLOL

The rest of the chit, throwout bearing is a pos aswell..

All in all i can't say i got ripped off.. I mean i expected it to be junk for 266.00, what ****** me off is that parts like these are all made over sea's and the oversea's quality is so poor. The quality of all replacment parts is in the crapper and finding american made stuff is so dam hard, it's to the point where when i get somnething from the parts store thats made in mexico i say sweet thats close enough but the mexican made quality is fairly poor aswell.. some stuff im finding is made in canada thou, and the canadian quality seems to be spot on about as good as stuff made here.. I just wish more stuff was made in the usa, canada and even mexico instead of china and countries i cant even prenounce.. SORRY FOR THE RANT, but this issue just ****** me off when i think of it..-cuss;Pissed:frustrate

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lucky Mod still looks damn good to me!

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can contact perfection at 1-800-258-8312 option 4, 8am to 5pm Monday thru Friday! I would if I were you and complain! I am pretty sure they will be getting a call from me next week when/if UPS decides to deliver my package.