SMF Clutch kit

Mattbo

Reaction score
I have no clue how to post pics or videos or else I would I’ll try to figure it out on shift tomorrow.

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same as IDIBRONCO, I only hear the rollover noise when I’m in gear and moving slowly, below 1200 RPM or so. Pretty much just parking lots and stop-and-go traffic. It is annoying though.

Mattbo

Reaction score
Has anyone filled from the shift boot to reduce the noise or is that a myth? I’ll be dropping the ZF5 this week to inspect everything before I order everything and make sure I have all the parts I need.

u2slow

bilge rat
Reaction score
I'd be inclined to run some thicker/better oil in the ZF5. Maybe overfill thru the shifter opening (like us dodge getrag guys have to.) I forget what i ended up with in mine (nearly 15 years ago now). I know i was looking at redline MTL kind of stuff, maybe the royal purple? Rollover noise wasn't something I ever noticed.

ROCK HARVEY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run Redline MTL in mine. I didn’t notice a difference in rollover noise going from ATF to MTL. I don’t over-fill though, so I can’t comment on that.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The only time that I notice and extra noise with my Luk SMF kit it when I'm moving, in gear, and at low RPM. Otherwise, I don't hear anything out of the ordinary.

Same as IDIBRONCO, I only hear the rollover noise when I’m in gear and moving slowly, below 1200 RPM or so. Pretty much just parking lots and stop-and-go traffic. It is annoying though.
I hear mine when I'm backing into my driveway. I did forget to mention that it doesn't bother me at all. I might be the only strange one around who isn't bothered by the noise.
Has anyone filled from the shift boot to reduce the noise or is that a myth?
I've filled from the shifter boot, but only four quarts so I can't comment on noise reduction.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7