Ebay Find solution to SMF cost!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i dont see anything wrong in general, you dont really want the flywheel glass smooth. the texture grips more, i am not there to see it in person though so i could be off but it looks like a regular machined surface.

you dont have as much room for surface contact on the clutch disk either with the springs in the middle.

the throw out bearing does look like a cheap plastic on though. i would be curious to see how it works, i just bought a napa kit for my Jeep project but i wont be testing it anytime soon. i sourced a used Ford flywheel though.

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got mine today!! Going take some pictures. UPS ruined the box and I had to go to the shipping hub an hour away to get it. Its missing a ton of pieces but the 3 main pieces are there. The seller is shipping me the lost parts.

First glance

I actually thought the clutch disc is pretty good quality , the friction material looks good and all the pieces are tight and machined right,

Pressure plate (I like how thick the surface of the PP is) the fingers were all even and tight so no issues there that i can tell.

The flywheel may need to have the run out checked but looks good overall.

Thats the only pieces I have got so far.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well that makes me feel better, knowing you like it.. the whole made in china thing is what bothers me most, but i geuss it will hold up for at least a while.. ill probly get more than my 266.00 wortg out of it.. do you know if there is a better replacment clutch avalible that will fit this flywheel??

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could use a disc for a DMF in this unit that has springs in the hub I guess. Does your clutch disc have brass specs in it? The friction compound looks pretty good to me! It also has 10 springs in the hub which should make for a pretty quite SMF conversion.

91200 is the rep set http://www.amazon.com/Brute-Power-91200-New-Clutch/dp/compatibility-chart/B000YR7TL2

The price of the kits we bought went up in price http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRUT...Accessories&hash=item5ae1a5b183#ht_1102wt_939 now about 415.00 is the cheapest for them I have found.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep mine has brass in it, geuss we'll see how it works.. hows your flywheel surface look?

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flywheel surface looks okay looks like a 250 turned finish based on my pocket gauge I used. It also checked out today for flatness and had .0246 of run out.

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
Flywheel surface looks okay looks like a 250 turned finish based on my pocket gauge I used. It also checked out today for flatness and had .0246 of run out.

I didn't look at the link, but i see PHT on the clutch which is perfection.

Mine blew up on the first hard take off, I've had 3 perfection slave cylinders blow out on me too. I got them all warrentied, and a new in the box one from advance sits behind the rear seat for that just in case moment.

I bought a clutch from rock auto.

You must be registered for see images

Been great so far. BTW that percrapsion clutch, the first thing i had (3 days after install) was a really noisy TOB.

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well post up a number for the kit you bought from rock auto! It bolts right to this flywheel and I will keep it in mind for future reference.

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score

from what I can tell yes that is what I measured. Its not bad you can go up to 6 thousandths and still be okay on most units.

you posted a spec of 24 thousands run out. that's way more than 6.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
282.00 is a decent amount but won't break the bank. I really hope its decent and lasts a while. Its all name brand parts from what I have been told and is the same kit sold by a few different places under different part numbers. But if I am wrong I will man up to it! I will be the guinea pig for this and if it fails i will make sure no one else wastes money on it. I plan on taking good pictures.

Snapon,

Can you maybe take pictures of the kit you bought and upload them? Maybe this thread could serve a purpose for future members who are considering smf kits. I know there is a huge lack of pictures of these kits out there and I got frustrated trying to find them.

Here ya go! Its a LUK.

You must be registered for see images attach

ford390gashog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! You "luk'd" out!! Got that nice luk set for 420.00 and everywhere else wants 595.00 and up!!! Cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online