dually tires

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
This is where you will run into an issue....are teh rims off a 4x4 or 2wd dually? I had a guy come look at a set of rims I had, and we found that the rims he had were a little taller in the backstacing when we laid them on the bed of his truck and measured.....1/2" an inch each in the difference IIRC....

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look on the inside of your rim and post the 5 digit # you see after the brand name.

example:
ACCURIDE 12345

fyi;
DRW has a much greater footprint over SRW already with the stock 215/85/16 tires.
this is why our traction is reduced.the wider the meats,the increase in rolling resistance which is why our fuel economy is lower than SRW trucks as well.
going wider than stock will increase these two cons about DRW.so think these things over before spending a greater amount more per tire than stock size.........there's a high overall price for the appearance your after.

Last edited:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
2wd are a lesser offset and 235s are the biggest you can go

4wd have more offset and you can run 255 and not have any issures

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2wd are a lesser offset and 235s are the biggest you can go

4wd have more offset and you can run 255 and not have any issures

its actually not as cut and dry as that.each have more than one offset.
however that is a good general rule of thumb.
the 2wd budds i have (Accuride #28511 16 x 6K 8H - 6.50" 5.00 replaced with part #29577) , would not allow for 235's without rubbing with a load on 'em.225's are pushing their limits and i must insure they are at max psi at all times.
if i threw 235's on,iv no doubt they would rub and blow out while loaded in short order.

fordf350dually,
spacers to go between the wheels can be had pretty low cost on ebay which will provide you more room between the duals.
the last thing you want are tires rubbing.this is how many have took out them expensive stock dually fenders.;)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online