Dually Refresh/Reseal/Build

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just looked at your signature. I didn't know you are putting on fiberglass running boards and a sun visor. Those should look pretty sick on it too! And yeah that beer is paying off. Lol. I still can't wait to see that thing running!!!

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck looks like it's turning out awesome! The interior definitely turned out awesome! Keep the pics coming.

What paint did you use?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I missed this build thread before now...I'm impressed ;Sweet you're giving me some ideas for interior work :D

Where did you get the carpet from? The quality looks good from the pics, but how is it in "real life"?

Looking good ;Sweet

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
I just looked at your signature. I didn't know you are putting on fiberglass running boards and a sun visor. Those should look pretty sick on it too! And yeah that beer is paying off. Lol. I still can't wait to see that thing running!!!

Yep, I have a set of running boards for it that I found on Craigslist awhile back, and I have 2 visors that ive aquired. I cant wait to get them on. It'll probably be awhile though. Ill probably wait til its actually paintedLOL

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Truck looks like it's turning out awesome! The interior definitely turned out awesome! Keep the pics coming.

What paint did you use?

Thanks Junk. All of the interior panels really need painted. The blue interior doesnt seem to hold up to age as well as grey would have. I used DupliColor Fabric & Vinyl Paint for the gauge pillar and just kinda "blended" it in with the surrounding panels. The exterior of truck is just spray painted with RustOleum rattle cans:puke: Just wanted to make it one solid color instead of mix-matched parts that were different colorsLOL I hope to be able to spend some money on a good paint job very soon to wrap this project up, but it may take a few months

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
I can't believe I missed this build thread before now...I'm impressed ;Sweet you're giving me some ideas for interior work :D

Where did you get the carpet from? The quality looks good from the pics, but how is it in "real life"?

Looking good ;Sweet

Thanks Warden. Its ACC carpet with the additional mass backing for better insulation. I bought it from RockAuto. It was the best stuff that I could find anywhere, and for a crew cab it was like $212 i think. The quality is great. Im very happy with it. Thanks;Sweet

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any way I could get that spare visor off your hands? :D I plan on getting one sometime anyway. Lol

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
88 Ford, txt me later today. We might be able to work something out on the spare visor. Dont know if its worth the shipping expense for something that size, lol. Around here they are pretty common in junkyards. That may be a cheaper and easier route if you have any junkyards close by:dunno

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those clear lenses look sharp with that white paint....now I'm thinking about getting those instead of factory replacements. Thanks for updating us on the progress. Looks great!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taking shape...lookin sharp, I like that carpet..sets of the interior, I wonder if they have a nice formed vinyl floor for a SC in brown I'll have to check.

I have a visor too...did a lil custom work on painting it...basically nice silver in the light pockets and I plan on LED's, flat black on the back side of it that people see from inside the cab and the rest is all khaki...I'm thinking of adding in two solar chargers and having those charge/maintain the batteries at all times too...might be a neat idea...

I'm going to get it fitted to my new SC, then once it's set to mount, I'm going to use Nutserts in the cab for mounting and thread sealant on threads...I don't like the way they use lag screws to hold these down myself....

Again that's a fine looking truck and ya those headlights are nice, let us know how they do for light pattern etc please...maybe a wall shot from bout 20 feet??? hi/low so we can see pattern?

TY

Al

Edit,

Just checked and Rock Auto lists a vinyl mat instead of a carpet in a tan for SC, problem is it's listing a 4sp 4x and not a 5sp LOL guess that's ok I suppose.

Not too pricey either...hmmm...

I like that I do!

Last edited:

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Progress

You must be registered for see images attach

Havent been on here in awhile, so thought I would update. Computer has been giving me trouble and I just moved so I havent had much spare time. So...I got the truck running and driving before Christmas. I moved it to the new house a few days before Christmas. It made a successful 40 mile test drive:D. I still have lots and lots of minor things to work out that I keep finding. Cant get clutch bled out right, alternator isnt charging(batteries may be bad), boost leak somewhere, still have some interior stuff that needs finished, etc. Still have lots of minor body work to do also before paint. Im hoping to have some spare time to work out a few of these issues soon. Ill post more soon, about to fall asleep right now though|sleepy

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks good man. It definitely is a night and day difference. Could you be leaking around the intake hat maybe?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online