Dbl7405 filter install

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No chance it will fit a dana 44 or dana 50 axle setup, or would I need to trim the cross member?

About time to do an oil change, leaning towards full synthetic 5w-40 with a nice filter - either fl-1995, wix or napa gold, or one of these monsters. Long interchange is one of my top goals.

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No chance it will fit a dana 44 or dana 50 axle setup, or would I need to trim the cross member?

About time to do an oil change, leaning towards full synthetic 5w-40 with a nice filter - either fl-1995, wix or napa gold, or one of these monsters. Long interchange is one of my top goals.
I can fully vouch that it will not fit the dana 50 with out completely destroying the crossmember. I started cutting, couldn’t get it to fit, so I went and bought an fl1995. Wish I had never started cutting now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah this thread should have been cancelled a long time ago to prevent people from doing this to their trucks.
Why the hell would it be a good idea to cut up the crossmember to put a larger oil filter that does nothing for your engine :dunno. All that does is introduce new cracking areas to your crossmember and weaken it. No bueno.
A FL1995 oil filter has plenty of filtering media for these engines imo.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah this thread should have been cancelled a long time ago to prevent people from doing this to their trucks.
Why the hell would it be a good idea to cut up the crossmember to put a larger oil filter that does nothing for your engine :dunno. All that does is introduce new cracking areas to your crossmember and weaken it. No bueno.
A FL1995 oil filter has plenty of filtering media for these engines imo.
Well... good point, and I agree.
But...... went on my PSD no problemo whatsoever. I know, apples to horse chit, but still. Lol
D60 truck it should clear.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online

No members online now.