Dbl7405 filter install

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No problem, if you want to learn about oils definately go on that site, you can read lab reports, real world testing and see what is and isn’t true.

Here’s one thread about a guy running his corvette flat out
https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/205265/3
You must be registered for see images attach

But isn't ALL Mobil 1 oil synthetic? I might be wrong but that was my understanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy enormous filter Batman!

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But isn't ALL Mobil 1 oil synthetic? I might be wrong but that was my understanding.

Holy enormous filter Batman!
Right?! Lol I was shocked when I first pulled them out of the box

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know why but I wanted to try it. It seems like it's wider then the normal filter where the rubber seal is.. barely.. hmm.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why but I wanted to try it. It seems like it's wider then the normal filter where the rubber seal is.. barely.. hmm.

It is about a 1mm difference but it seals up with zero issues. Mines been working great!

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So if you have a 2wd truck I can basically tell you this won't work. The control arms or whatever they're called are in the way and the oil cooler is pointed at a perfect angle to where the part you would need to shave off is the giant bolt holding things together under there. Oh well. I'll probably just keep using the Fleetguard filters I had been at this point. Almost as good as the donaldson anyways, I just wanted to try it for the capacity.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if you have a 2wd truck I can basically tell you this won't work. The control arms or whatever they're called are in the way and the oil cooler is pointed at a perfect angle to where the part you would need to shave off is the giant bolt holding things together under there. Oh well. I'll probably just keep using the Fleetguard filters I had been at this point. Almost as good as the donaldson anyways, I just wanted to try it for the capacity.
Mines on a 2wd Truck. See first pic where I shaved the crossmember to fit. It’s really not that bad

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be nice for the 2wd and Dana 60 guys. Just attempted to clearance the crossmember on my dana 50 and now I’ve wasted an hour of my time 50$ on 2 oil filters I can’t use and have a MASSIVE chunk missing out of my crossmember for no ******* reason. Just below where the 2wd crossmember is cut there’s a drop down bracket for the passenger traction beam on the 4x4’s no way in hell will these fit on a dana 50. Make me an offer on them and they’re yours. I won’t ship them. Located in 46171 Indiana

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be nice for the 2wd and Dana 60 guys. Just attempted to clearance the crossmember on my dana 50 and now I’ve wasted an hour of my time 50$ on 2 oil filters I can’t use and have a MASSIVE chunk missing out of my crossmember for no ******* reason. Just below where the 2wd crossmember is cut there’s a drop down bracket for the passenger traction beam on the 4x4’s no way in hell will these fit on a dana 50. Make me an offer on them and they’re yours. I won’t ship them. Located in 46171 Indiana

There’s no reason to put that filter on there and cut up your crossmember.
Run a FL-1995 psd filter on your engine and call it good.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to update here’s some under Truck pics for clearance

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys not worried by taking up some road debris with that thing?

I wouldn't cut up my frame for anything in the world, I guess there will be a point in the trucks life, that it needs all the framestrength in the world to come out well.

Why don't you use a oil filter relocating kit?

Bart F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry, I don't have a link, but I know they are out there.

(Google and I just don't speak the same language, That's horrible, I envy them that are so clever with computers. I'm already happy that I know how to use these forums.)

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no pre made kit. It's why when I installed mine I had to get basically a custom oil filter mount with the right threads on it from some racing company.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online