Dbl7405 filter install

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I talked the big Donaldson dbl 7405 filter this morning.dang thing is ginormous even compared to the fl1995! I thought it was a bolt on affair but maybe it is for a 4wd d60 chassis. On mine with the traction beams the beam support was in the way. Only slightly but a little massaging with the angle grinder at it’s a clean fit. What’s nice is that it’s a full flow 15micron absolute

You must be registered for see images attach

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, watching the mechanical gauge at temp idle and at speed pressure is the same. And I have a bypass filter and large oil cooler!

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! So its a kit or just a bigger filter with same thread?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

austin92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam, I just ordered my first one last night. Had I known I had to cut the cross member I wouldn’t have ordered them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dam, I just ordered my first one last night. Had I known I had to cut the cross member I wouldn’t have ordered them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. Unless you plan on running a synthetic oil and changing it every 20k or so, don’t see the need in using a big old filter like that.
A FL-1995 is plenty big enough, and works quite well without cutting up your truck to make it fit.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree, on my case I run synthetic, a frantz bypass filter, and a huge oil cooler. My last oil change from a 5 gallon bucket I have about a 1/2 gallon left once everything was full. So I went from factory 11 quarts /2.75 gallons to 4.5 gallons

Last edited:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed. Unless you plan on running a synthetic oil and changing it every 20k or so, don’t see the need in using a big old filter like that.
A FL-1995 is plenty big enough, and works quite well without cutting up your truck to make it fit.

I'd consider it but I go through about 1-1/2qts in 3000 miles so I'd probably never bother to change the oil at that rate lol! Just swap a new filter every 20k haha

Alberta_Mud

Reaction score
I like the idea just for the extra cooling without adding a oil cooler. But then again Just about all of my fords have a dana 60 on them now or came with one.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much clearance do you have under the truck? Seems like that thing hangs pretty low