Dash questions

wmoguy

Reaction score
My 94 I just noticed feels like the passenger side of the dash is loose, and likely missing some fasteners. You don't notice it until you go over a decent little bump, and then you can watch the passenger side drop maybe a 1/2" or so. It seems abnormal.

Anyway hoping to save a little time in this hot **** 104 degree heat and ask the "crew" where I should start looking for missing fasteners? Anyone have pics of how this dash secures to the body they can post? This is on a 94 crew cab.

Thx!

sassyrel

Reaction score
My 94 I just noticed feels like the passenger side of the dash is loose, and likely missing some fasteners. You don't notice it until you go over a decent little bump, and then you can watch the passenger side drop maybe a 1/2" or so. It seems abnormal.

Anyway hoping to save a little time in this hot **** 104 degree heat and ask the "crew" where I should start looking for missing fasteners? Anyone have pics of how this dash secures to the body they can post? This is on a 94 crew cab.

Thx!

look on the left side edge of dash..two holes..thru there,,is where two bolts,hold dash to frame..right side,,one bolt,,down low,,and one problem..if its loose on the right side..many of the early dash retainers on the bottom,,,,were formed plastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! guess what happened???? so,,there was a service bulletin,,where you could buy a metal bracket,,and cut the little bit of plastic left,,and rivet this bracket to the dash..end of problem..bracket no longer available.............................i know this,,because ive been playng dash checkers,,and i seen the broke ones,,and ONE dash with the metal bracket.....when i pull the dash,,AGAIN,,i will draw a pic of that bracket!!!!! long story about the dashes................................:rotflmao:rotflmao

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i wonder if that is something freeboard can build and make available to us? i didn't see a pic but it cant be that complicated

itsacrazyasian

residentcrazyasian
Reaction score
I bought a L bracket about 2in long per side and attached it to the cab and dash under where it broke. Been great since!

tknomaj

Reaction score
I have one for my truck that is not installed as of yet if someone has the ability to reproduce them I will loan it out for a copy to be made for fellow members. ford part#f4tz-1504366-a complete with instructions

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online